All Topics / General Property / Positive Cashflow calulator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of snappy chappysnappy chappy
    @snappy-chappy

Hi All,

Some years ago i used to great affect a simple formula (im sure Steve supplied it) to calulate what i SHOULD be paying for a property based on its rental return, in order to test to see if its likely to be cashflow positive…does anyone have that formula as i cannot find it anywhere? It was a great  starting point especially in getting a snapshot of a properties potential to be CFP.

Cheers,

Profile photo of snappy chappysnappy chappy
    @snappy-chappy

Problem solved, i have it, sorry for wasting a psot.

Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

can you maybe post it up for us?

Profile photo of parraboyparraboy
    Participant
    @parraboy

Love to get a hold of that calculator please maxminder. can you post a link to it please. Every little bit helps in the long run.

Cheers

parraboy

Profile photo of snappy chappysnappy chappy
    @snappy-chappy

No probs, it was simply the 11 second rule which i notice has been heartily bagged by many on the forum. Its not meant to be a definitive guide, its simply a snap shot of potential. I bought a property some years ago (which is still own) which has been cashflow positive from day one and rent over the term has doubled. I remember discounting many properties as they were simply miles away from the 11 secnd rule, this one got close, after further due diligence i offered the price the 11 second rule sugegsted and whala..cash flow positive propertry since. Lucky possibly…

(Weekly Rent (or if vacant rent potential) / 2 ) x 1000.

So weekly rent is $260 / 2 = $129 x $1000 = $129,000

All other due diligence proving acceptable, $129,000 would all but gaurentee the property will be cash flow positive month in month out.

The challenge is finding them….but they do exist.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.