All Topics / Help Needed! / marina berths

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of cathbirchcathbirch
    Participant
    @cathbirch

we are considering investing in a marina berth any thoughts or warnings about these
    are there differnt investment types?
    thank you

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

what's on offer ?

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I am also interested to know more, I am on the list for the pre-release of a block of land and a 13 metre marina berth at Wyndham Cove Marina. (I figured if I was going to purchase an IP there, you had to get a berth too or it would be a waste of time).

Are you able to get a mortgage for a marina berth lease, or do you have to pay cash?

Profile photo of BrisbaneAndyBrisbaneAndy
    Participant
    @brisbaneandy

I think marina berths can be a lot of fun but that's a personal opinion instead of a professional one

In the past I have been involved in two marina purchases; one was bought by a friend who just used a line of credit secured by his PPOR so was 100% leveraged.  The second was a business client who went through with a business loan that the CBA had arranged specifically with this marina development.  The LVR was only 60% and obviously at a higher rate.  Both of the purchases are cashflow positive but I must say my friend got a much better deal which he found himself from a local boatie.

Hope that helps a little and I would love to hear from other peoples experiences as this is one luxury I would happily spend money on!

Cheers,
    Andy

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Just from a quick look online, it appears that 80% finance is available and that you can depreciate the lease value at 10% per year for 10 years. Could be a real money spinner on a cashflow basis, especially as part of a SMSF. :)

Interested to hear the thoughts of others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.