All Topics / Help Needed! / Rent V’s Lease- Which is better for Investing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Real-NewbyReal-Newby
    Participant
    @tuff-et

Hi everyone,
           I am going to ask a very amature question. I was wondering what are the advantages/disadvantages of both with Residential property.

If you lease a property to a tenant does that mean they will pay the outgoings – maintainence/water rates so on?
    Is there any advantage to a lease over renting in regards to evicting tennants so on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Dan

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Dan,
    Did you mean amateur question?

Water rates ,insurance, council rates and Maintenance – landlord pays all costs with residential. You may be able to get tenant to pay excess water charges.

If you insure the rental payments with a landlords insurance policy you might need to have a lease agreement to be able to claim lost rent on the insurance.

Doesn't make it easier to evict someone but a lease may make it less likely the tenant does an abandonment of your property.

I feel that you may have had a commercial property mindset or past experience where as residential property has different rules/ laws and tenants have more rights.

Profile photo of Real-NewbyReal-Newby
    Participant
    @tuff-et

Hi Duckster,
            Thanks for the response. Amature, Amateur- I am too lazy to use spell check. Funny – since I have been in IT my English has gone doooooooown hill.

I have had a bit of experience in commercial propery from when I ran my business. I learn't that commercial real estate agents really play hard ball which is why I asked about the eviction/rates.

Thanks again for the response.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.