All Topics / Finance / Would a planner/advisor help me? Or someone else?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of rafael84rafael84
    @rafael84

Hi all, I feel I need some professional advice…

In summary, this is what I want to do.

Sit down with someone, tell them our goals/objectives and what we want to achieve re: our first home purchase (OO) and let them analyse our (my wife and I) income, expenses and plans to have a baby etc.

Then listen to them suggest options or ways we can go about it doing this. What loans might be perfect for us, what time we should wait to buy, what percentage of deposit we at leats need to save, and all the other aspects to our financial/property plan.

I suppose I either want to a) throw my plan at them and let them tweak it/make suggestions/give feedback, or b) throw my circumstances at them, and then let them draw up a plan for me.

Cheers for any advice on who to see!

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Contact your super fund managers – many have add-on benefits such as free or low-cost financial planners, they should take into consideration your aims without locking your funds up in super for 40 odd years.

Profile photo of ag and alisonag and alison
    Participant
    @ag-and-alison

hey mate
    contact leigh birch.   http://www.birchcorp.com.au
    he has 6 properties and will only charge you $250 to see him , and if you dont feel like you are better off at the end he will give you the $250 back. he works as an independant financial planner/mortgage broker- so is not tied to any company. this guy is very good …

i have completed the results prgram a few years ago , and this is who i use.

tell him  anthony gregory ( thats me) recommended him. you wont regret it.

ag

Profile photo of CJHCJH
    Participant
    @cjh

If you don't want to pay, most brokers won't charge you for the first meeting at least.

They can help with a lot of the financial questions you have.

With questions like 'what time to buy', everyone has different opinions, it's up to you to take a position on where the market is at.

You may want to talk to an accountant about structuring eg what name to buy the IP in or company trust structures etc.

If you want to be an investor and not a speculator, find some people who are actually achieving results similar to what you would like to achieve and sponge off them a bit!

Good luck!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Must admit i charge a cup of coffee to most of clients for a consultation and like to think they get a fair amount of information for that.

I have 1 or 2 properties to say the least so feel any Broker or Financial Adviser who charges is probably taking advantage of you. I appreciate it is par for the course but doesnt necessarily make it right.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.