All Topics / Help Needed! / advice on a good deal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of benhatterbenhatter
    Participant
    @benhatter

hi everyone i think i found a very good deal. the median house price in the area is $240k, this property is a 3 bed that looks like it's in pretty good condition, the unimproved land value $47k and they're asking $90k for it. it's a town of 15,500 people and it's 132k direct line from newcastle. does this sound like a very good deal.

thanks for any thoughts,

Ben

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Ben

Certainly from a lending perspective the population is comforting and the relative distance to a major City is a positive.

As long as the property is sound and does not need too much work to it and can be rented and managed by a local agent certainly worth exploring further.

If you want me to run a free Residex report for you shoot me an email with the address and be happy to send you the report back. Might help in completing your due diligence.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of jenny111jenny111
    Participant
    @jenny111

HI Richard,

Is there a minimum population number that banks require?
    I don't have much money and have been looking only in far back regional areas where  population is only a couple of thousand people.  Would banks not be interested with such low population?

Also, I know just about all lenders charge LMI for LVR over 80%.  Do you know of any lenders who can go higher than 80% before charging LMI?

Thanks.
    Jenny

Profile photo of hydramaxhydramax
    Participant
    @hydramax

Hi Jenny, you may find that the mortgage insurers may only lend at a very low LVR in your area. Sorry, but I may be wrong.

Hydra

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Jenny

Yes it all depends on the mortgage insurer, the lender and the location and zoning.

Normally much under a population of 5000 and you might struggle at the higher lvr.

Wont find any lender waive LMI in the small regional areas where the loan is over 80%.

Would need more hard data to advise you further.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.