All Topics / Help Needed! / Should I fence an investment property?? (corner block)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of salgsalg
    @salg

I have just purchased my first property – to be a PPOR for a while then I intend to rent it out to help pay it off. Personally, I would like it fenced for my dog, but money is pretty tight and by the time I can afford it it will probably be rented out. It is on 615sqm CORNER block, with a useless rusty 900cm high (or less) fence along one neighbour side, and the same on the other (but it only goes about 2/3 of the length as it stops at the neighbours front yard (the side of that house backs onto mine). House is 3 bed lowset brick fully renovated about 15km from Brisbane in great area (2 train lines 10min walk, 20mins to city; bus 2 min walk etc). I guess size-wise the place is about the size of a 3 bed townhouse, it just has some land around it. I am guessing this would appeal to a young family, or someone with pets – both of which may not make the best of tennants I'm told…..REA told me "professional couple, no kids, no pets". But being a dog lover, I think its hard on people who want pets but can't afford to buy. 

Anyway, would fencing it as and Investment Property be beneficial, or not. Would it increase rent? Or make it appeal to more people? Or would I have no trouble finding a tennant for this type of property regardless? What do you think about the 'professional couple, no kids, no pets' guideline as an investor?

Many thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.