All Topics / General Property / Superannuation The Best Pension Scheme!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of movemysupermovemysuper
    @movemysuper

Hi!
    Superannuation has become one of the most best pension scheme in Australia. This the right way by which employees get pension by Superannuation.

Superannuation

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Superannuation is the most played around with investment by Governments.
    The government is currently changing the laws in superannuation for salary sacrifice for over 50 year olds as they look for ways to cover the shortfall in tax revenue predicted for the next 4 years.
    What else will change !
    Lower income spouse Co-contribution – scrapped also

I really like a scheme where I am restricted by a reasonable benefit amoun; told how much I can invest into superannuation and also told I can use leverage through borrowing money to invest in superannuation.

P.S
    Your link doesn’t work because you left out an m in com when you posted your one post.

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

Super will be less attractive after Tuesday.

The rumours are that the tax deductible contributions for all will be halved, making it $25,000 for those under 50, and $50,000 for the over 50's, to 2012. Some changes also may be made to the Transition to Retirement arrangements.

I know of a guy who, as he is still working part time and over 65, can make a tax deductible contribution to Superannuation one day, then withdraw it TAX FREE the next. I hope the govt change this loophole.

And movemysuper, your link doesn't work.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Made a mistake with last post

duckster wrote:
    Superannuation is the most played around with investment by Governments.
    The government is currently changing the laws in superannuation for salary sacrifice for over 50 year olds as they look for ways to cover the shortfall in tax revenue predicted for the next 4 years.
    What else will change !
    Lower income spouse Co-contribution – being changed

I really like a scheme where I am restricted by a reasonable benefit amount; told how much I can invest into superannuation and also told I can’t use leverage through borrowing money to invest in superannuation.

P.S
    Your link doesn’t work because you left out an m in com when you posted your one post.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I am with you Dan for someone who contributes considerably more than $25K PA and is a younger than 50 Tuesday is going to be a problem.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.