All Topics / General Property / Property Software

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of aj1981aj1981
    Participant
    @aj1981

Hi,
    I'm looking at getting a property accounting sofware program.
    What can anyone suggest??? I have been looking at getting POSH. Is it the best?
    Does anyone have one to sell?

Profile photo of Chris_SChris_S
    Participant
    @chris_s

What about Investment Detective? or is that something different or doesn’t meet your needs?? I’m kind of looking too but are unsure of which ones are actually good..

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I swapped over to Rentmaster – easy to use, has better tools, can handle multiple ownerships (POSH can't) and does a whole heap more. Price-wise, very competitive (read cheap). It does get upgrades regularly so it is worth getting the subscription to the updates.

I have used both POSH & Property Manager Pro. I was happier with PMP than with POSH but POSH is meant to be the bees knees (for cheapies).

PS Rentmaster comes with a 60 day trial Rentmaster

Profile photo of aj1981aj1981
    Participant
    @aj1981

Thanks Chris S and Scott No Mates.

I have never heard of the programs you both have suggested. I'll google them and have a look.
    I own 2 properties and am looking for software that I can keep up to date to work out exactly how much the properties are costing me after rental income. And as a referance for my account to work from. Does this sound like any particular software?
    I appriciate your advise….Thanks

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Take a look at Property Manager Pro (www.manaccom.com.au) – available online or from Harvey Norman. If it is only for a couple of properties, this is easy to use and gives you reports for each property and for all properties.

Profile photo of toni89toni89
    @toni89

I use Rental Workbook. Seems good. Some areas are a bit complicated but there is enough newsletters and tips to help out. I also find the service very good. I think its about $99 per year renewal but this is ok for me.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

"I own 2 properties and am looking for software that I can keep up to date to work out exactly how much the properties are costing me after rental income."

I use my own software. It says exactly down to the last cent how much any given property makes in positive cash flow and or negative gearing and takes every possible cost into calculations, including, IO, P&I, rental management, vacancy through the year a dozen of other possible variables. Deposit, COC return, annual rent, closing costs, FHOG, "what if's" etc. It does not consider tax at all. I'm leaving that to an accountant. Can store up to 1500 property analysis.

I use something simple and easy that i can understand. The numbers are the numbers you can spend $500 or $1000 but the raw numbers do not change. I don't see why i would use anything else no matter how rich i become!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.