All Topics / Help Needed! / Help with Contract Clauses – allowing entry for prospective tenants?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of kellkell
    @kell

Hi

I bought my first IP about 6 months ago – it was already tenanted when I bought it so it was easy to proceed after settlement merely had to sign up a new property manager.
    However this time around I am buying a house untenanted.. I know there are clauses that can be put into the contract allowing entry to the property prior to settlement for the purpose of evaluating the property by the manager and showing the property to prosepective tenants but I have no idea what to tell the RE agent.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Profile photo of Yuppy Hippy 101Yuppy Hippy 101
    @yuppy-hippy-101

Hi Kell

Advise the real estate agent what you would like to do and ask them for the appropriate wording.  Or otherwise ask your solicitor.

DIYPM

Profile photo of Tony BTony B
    @tony-b

Kell
    I have no idea what to tell the RE agent.

Try telling them exactly what you want, its your offer. It sounds like they have accepted your offer, and its money that get it across the line. So, they will agree to what you want for sure, why not. Im not a legal practitioner but in the special conditions you what in writing;   The Vendor is to allow the purchaser or there representative access to the property prior to settlement for the purpose of showing potential future tenants the interior and exterior of the property.

They will have there own wording but make sure you are happy with it. Also have it checked by you solicitor first. Remember if you are in Victoria if you get pre contract advise you loose your 3 day cooling off.   Im sure they will agree.

Cheers
    T……………

Profile photo of ShellymapleShellymaple
    @shellymaple

I think you have to deal with this topic very cautiosly because it is a matter of property.

Get the paper done right and dont keep any loop holes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.