All Topics / Help Needed! / How does this look?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of David Anderson1David Anderson1
    @david-anderson1

Based on offer of $99K 10% off original asking price

Return
    $180 P/W – $9360 P/A
    Repayment
    P&I (Principal & Interest)
    $145.28 P/W – $7554.56 P/A
    I (Interest only)
    $110.61 P/W – $5751.52 P/A
    Yield of 9.4%

$774 Insurance
    $1500 Council
    $500 Management

Rural property in area that has experienced, minor but steady capital growth over the last 3 years.

What else do I need to factor into this that I am missing?

Cheers,
    Dave.

Profile photo of QLDBrokerQLDBroker
    Participant
    @qldbroker

Hi DrSupachicken,

One issue that crosses my mind is what industries sustain the area? eg. mining community, farming etc

Being in a rural area and likely not to have the support of numerous industries as major townships are, I would do an analysis of these industries and their future prospects as a well as that of the specific property.

If you're happy to post more details I'm happy to bounce back some thoughts.

Cheers

Rhys

Profile photo of David Anderson1David Anderson1
    @david-anderson1

Hi Mate,

Area I’m looking at is north west nsw. The towns there seem to have kept growing in population while others are going down with people returning back to the cities for work im guessing. I don’t know if a 9% yield would give me a positive cash flow though, which is a bit scary?

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

council 1500??? very expensive.. unless big block of land
    $500 management fee.. you mean real estate management fee…. it can up to 10% management fee in rural area…

I myself don't like rural area… as you can get 6%+ near sydney CBD with depreciation value = 8-9%

Profile photo of QLDBrokerQLDBroker
    Participant
    @qldbroker

Hi Dave,

Being in I'm guessing the town is driven by mining? If so, do you know what the companies in the area are doing with employment? Has there been in projects shelved in the area? Just a few questions I would be asking.

If you message me your email address and the town you're looking at I can send you the sales history for the surrounding area if its of interest.

Cheers
    Rhys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.