All Topics / Value Adding / How to demolish a kitchen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of glou7glou7
    @glou7

I am looking to make an offer on a house which has two kitchens (go figure!) – one on the ground floor and one on the first floor. I wanted to know from people who have converted a kitchen to a bedroom. The kitchen cupboards would be easy to get rid off with the help of an sledgehammer (I'm assuming here I've never done it before). How hard (and costly) would it be to remove the services (water, electricity) outlets on the wall so we could just get no petrusions on the walls?

Profile photo of Event HorizonEvent Horizon
    @event-horizon

depends on a the floor type/ substrate the access as well as the scope.

I assume you have a timber floor and sub floor access and there is also external access to any plumbing exiting via the wall. if so allow around $1000-1500 to cap of all services. again this will vary hugely by state city province and town.  without seeing it im picking figures from thin air… It all depends on so many variables like how much chasing of services is required internally and or externally, 

do you have gas?……. to disconnect. ……….i mean the cooking kind;) cuase there some more bread to burn.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

The other thing to consider is that a kitchen is not a habitable room ie ceiling height requirements, ventilation, natural lighting etc may not match what is required for a bedroom/living room or other habitable room (you may need to put in a bigger window or opening window etc to comply with the BCA.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.