All Topics / Creative Investing / Has anyone made any money on the net – Google ads or selling something ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of MisterMister
    @mister

Hi people

Just wondering if anyone has ever been involved in one of those website type business like Google ads or one of the many other types and supposed money spinners  .

ACA only a few wks back had one couple supposedly making 8 grand a mth just from Google ads alone for instance .

Gotta wonder with so much of it on the net now .

Cheers

Profile photo of freelancefreelance
    @freelance

Hi Mister,

How was the couple making $8K through google ads?

I thought google ad words was a Pay Per Click (PPC) form of advertising, where the client/advertiser pays google a small amount every time a user clicks on an add that appears during a google search.
    More info here:

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=adwords&hl=en-GB&ltmpl=adwords&passive=true&ifr=false&alwf=true&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fadwords.google.com%2Fselect%2Fgaiaauth%3Fapt%3DNone%26ugl%3Dtrue

Unless you're trying to say that the couples' business revenue increased by $8K after using google ad words.

Profile photo of MisterMister
    @mister

G'day Freelance .

I'm just another dyslexic case don't worry . Everything I type has to be edited 1/2 a dozen times.

But I meant to go to the ACA site and re read the story but no apparently they just had some kind of website , it has google ads on it and every click people make , they get paid a small fee and that's been adding up to to 8k a mth for doing nothing ,  apparently  !

What about all the other money making claims all over the net for just running a website , selling something through it like info or some rubbish . Wonder if any of those actually make any money . They're everywhere and claim big easy bucks . Warrning bells right there I spose .

I'll try to find a couple of examples and post them here .

Cheers

@freelance

Hey Mister,

Yeah I've heard stories like that, especially people who blog. It really depends on how popular their site is. If you had a site with complete rubbish that no one would want to visit, then the ads wouldn't work very well. But then again, people who blog usually talk about rubbish all day long.

Same with youtube, you see so many vloggers (video blogging) on there now, many of which talk complete nonsense but manage to have thousands of viewers per day.

Everyone's got their own tastes I 'spose.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Guys,

Adsense is what you're referring to:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/

Adsense just requires putting a bit of code on your website, that is customised for your account. Adverts will then be displayed in the Google ad format. The ads that appear will be relevant to the content displayed on the page being viewed, and the site. When someone clicks an ad displayed on your website, you will receive an amount of money based on how much the advertiser has to pay per click (PPC) for that ad.

Adwords on the other hand is the system where you pay for advertising. The advertisements you pay for are displayed on websites that are using the Adsense system. For every click someone makes on your advertisement, the site that was displaying the clicked ad will earn a % of that PPC rate you agreed to. Google is just the middle man, taking a percentage.

It's completely possible to make a lot of money through Google by simply using Adsense. This usually requires having a website that gets a large amount of visitors however. When this is the case, you may as well advertise for companies directly, as the money is much better. That's why news websites that rely on advertising don't use Adsense.

Adsense is much more suited to multiple websites that receive a decent amount of traffic each (if you plan to make good money through it that is). Blogs, small information sites etc.

Cheers

@freelance

Hey Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to clear things up.

Mister, if you manage to find the examples, I'd still like to see them.

Cheers

Profile photo of AnthonySAnthonyS
    Participant
    @anthonys

Hi Guys

I came across this site that appears to be similar to what you are talking about, but i don't know the credibility of them.

http://www.xtrememillionsaustralia.com

Regards

@mister

Hi Guys

Same type of thing that these guys have put in here Freelance .

Yeah thanks for that Dave , makes sense . As I say this couple were down to doing nothing and getting 8 grand a mth for the privilege .

So we need a ripper dipper just can't resist website eh . Humm , might give that some thought.
    As Freelance says do somem stupid , really stupid and chuck it on . How hard could that be .

I know , I'll just get my daughter to follow me around with the vid cam all day and I'll be in business. .

Actually our cat does a lot of stupid things , loves ripping heads of rats and fun stuff like that , blog groupies should love that.

What about selling stones – little ancient luck stones from the oceans along the Great Ocean Road . 10 bucks each.

Cheers

@freelance

I think property still has a lot more potential

Profile photo of craigsedcraigsed
    Participant
    @craigsed

Hey freelance2020,

Properties good. But so is not relying on just one thing.

Think multiple streams of income. Security, diversification, wealth!

I think it was a Kiyosaki book that talks about how the wealthy have multiple streams of income, so that even if one thing is not performing well for a period of time, there are other incomes still rolling in. Naturally most of the streams (the good ones) are passive…..

craigsed.

@freelance

Hey Craigsed,

I completely agree with you there. But in this case I was being sarcastic in regards to Mister selling "little ancient luck stones from the oceans along the Great Ocean Road . 10 bucks each."

Note to self: Use a better emoticon

@mister
    craigsed wrote:
    Hey freelance2020,

Properties good. But so is not relying on just one thing.

Think multiple streams of income. Security, diversification, wealth!

I think it was a Kiyosaki book that talks about how the wealthy have multiple streams of income, so that even if one thing is not performing well for a period of time, there are other incomes still rolling in. Naturally most of the streams (the good ones) are passive…..

craigsed.

Ahh , my point exactly , I'll take all the streams I can get right now.

Only thinking sidelines FreeL. , still I can't help but wonder about it after that story and other info I've read but I also can't help but think there must be such a flood of it all on the net now to so what hope would you have .

Cheers .

@freelance

I wouldn't get discouraged by that. The net is infinite, there are so many new ideas that are born every day there.

Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc etc were built on an idea and evolved exponentially through the internet.

Best of all, its cheap to start, so your risk isn't high at all. Give it a go, what have you got to lose?

Profile photo of islandgirlislandgirl
    @islandgirl

Hi Mister
    What your talking about is Affialiate Marketing.  If you look it up on the net you should get some pretty good information.  I think from what I have read its probably easier to make a buck from these sites in the US as you have much greater potential of people viewing your site.  Its a valid from of extra income though and whilst I don't think it will make you a millionaire I think if you work at it you could earn a nice helpful addition to your cashflow. 

@mister

Thanks guys

Food for thought

Cheers

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Here is a local Aussie site with a .com … http://www.secretvisionbooks.com

It attracts 20 new members daily on average or over 550 per month of new members …

If you have a site you can affiliate … 30% commission.

Very popular world topic …

D

Profile photo of ErikHErikH
    @erikh

There is several ways to play the Google ads game:

(1) you can create a (niche) website, achieve high traffic flows and then put up the google ad using their adsense program – adding the ads is only a few minutes work, the hard bit is creating a lot of traffic. I did it for a while but took it off my site as it was just annoying me and unlikely to really add up in value and not provide meaningful links to my visitors.

(2) you can write google ads using google adwords, just google it :)

(3) become an affiliate to something using e.g. clickbank or clixgalore, put up a site with a couple of pages and then invest in google ads to dive traffic to your site and if you have written good copy your conversion will be high resulting in many people buying the affiliate product you’re marketing and you get the cash straight into your clickbank account… sounds easy and actually is not too hard, but you have to find a good niche where buying the google ads is relatively cheap (good keyword selection is critical) and where you’re affiliate commission is high.

Most people who have made a lot of money on the web in this area, usually have sold a product which is aimed at how to make money online – ironic isn’t it…

Anyway, I think there is some merit in it and once I have got my property investment site up and trucking I might give give the affiliate thing a shot on another site… if it works I’ll let you know :)

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

You have to have a web site and also have lots of people looking at your web site (traffic)
    Now the hard part – How do you get lots of people to click onto your web site and then click on one of your Google adverts.

You have to optimise your web site code to have search engines put your web site high up on their list ranking.

@mister

Shame I'm so netted out really I'd like to give it a go in a way .
    Ironically I've had 3 mails come in in the last week about Google ads and the big money to be made. I have a home made site and idea in mind . I just couldn't afford the time and effort for nothing especially on more computer crap so still tossing up.

It's funny though , over the years since we all got into computers , how many millions have spent the last 5 or 10 yrs all over the world dreaming up ways to sit on their arse at home and make millions , some have too that's for sure.

Cheers

Profile photo of diggodiggo
    @diggo

I'm an internet marketer myself (well, full time uni student and part time internet marketer) so hopefully I can shed some light on the subject.

First of all, there are quite a few ways to make a decent income online. The people on ACA were using adsense (as someone already mentioned). Yes, some people are making 6-7 figure sums from adsense. But the harsh reality is, adsense is quite hard to make a decent income from. To make anything worth while, you have to know how to dominate the search engines with your websites in order to gain the organic traffic. This requires a deep understanding of SEO (Search engine optimisation). Even with huge amounts of traffic, you will probably only make miniscule amounts.

To put it into perspective, if you have 100 visitors to your website with a rule of thumb CTR of 1%, you are likely to make around 1-10cents. Some clicks are higher, but it all depends on your niche and how much the advertisers are willing to pay in that niche.

The best method (in my opinion) is affiliate marketing. I discovered affiliate marketing last February and I'm kicking myself I didn't find it earlier! Anyway after a couple of months of research, I knew this was where it was at. I actually joined a subscription website (virtually an affiliate marketing college!) aswell (its about $40/month) which is when the lightbulb switched on for me. It all came together, and with a little help from the experienced members I was on my way :) Still a member there today!

Theres a couple of ways to to affiliate marketing:

1. The free method – Mainly involves writing articles and creating free websites/landing pages to sell products. Need to know a bit of SEO for this method though.

2. The paid method – Using PPC (pay-per-click) such as Google Adwords to drive traffic to your website where you want to sell products to your customers. However if you don't know what you're doing in this arena, it's a fast way to drain your wallet!

I started off with article marketing (as most newbies do). I think I wrote 10 or 12 articles within a couple of weeks and made a couple of thousand dollars which was great! I used this cash to dabble in PPC. I lost $200 to start with because I was a bit lost haha. But, I did more research and got the experts to help me out. A month later, I started a new campaign on google adwords. I will never forget the next day when I woke up and checked my account. First, I checked to see how much I spent on ads…$22.00. Then I checked my affiliate account to see how many sales….5 sales for almost $300! Now that's what I call a decent ROI!

Long story short, I quit my part time job within a month to free up some more time. 3 months later I remember telling my economics lecturer how much I was making….he told me that it was more than what he was making! haha!

Okay, I will stop babbling now. I don't want to sound too cocky (err…too late for that I guess). Anyway, the moral of the story is, there's plenty of opportunity to make a living on the internet. It all comes down to your skills/preferences and your willingness to work at it.

Hope that helps!

Brett

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.