All Topics / General Property / Your thoughts on Bacchus Marsh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of dank78dank78
    @dank78

Given the recent growth predictions re: Melbournes West. Research shows Bacchus Marsh have quite affordable house and land packages + existing homes on offer at present.

I am writing to hear your opinions on Bacchus Marsh as a town and services it provides as I am from interstate. I am keen to visit this area but would like to know your thoughts on property investing and the benefits in such an area.

Similarily, other predicted growth regions such as Cape Woolomai, Ocean Grove along the coast near Geelong; I am also interested in.

Any information you would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Profile photo of kevinmorriskevinmorris
    @kevinmorris

Bacchus Marsh is definitely more appealing than Melton the next area closer to the city.  I like Bachuss Marsh it has a lot going for it, close to the city, good public transport via rail, freeway to the City (no toll roads), close to Geelong and the beaches.  and yet still has a country feel.
    Melton will boom in population according to gov figures and BM will also i'm sure.

Kevin

Profile photo of dank78dank78
    @dank78

I'm not familiar with Bacchus Marsh, but does anyone know where the new land developments are and what services will be around that area?

Profile photo of CallanderCallander
    Participant
    @callander

There are a number of new land estates in Bacchus Marsh. Some are located quite close to the centre of town and others are  just on the outskirts. http://www.realestate.com.au will show plenty. there are also a number of house and land packages advertised.

There is a reasonable bus service and a large number of people commute to Melbourne each day for work via train, it was recently advertised in the paper that more train carriages will be introduced soon to cater for the demand. There is also the Deer Park Bypass under contruction which will also benefit the area.

Rental demand for the area continues to be strong with minimal vacancy.

Profile photo of MelballyMelbally
    @melbally

We bought our first PPOR in Melton LY and have found the area to be excellent. Infrastructure is well established with shopping centres, schools and universities; the council has a strong emphasis on sustainability and there is an active community base with festivals and other local events on all the time.

Long term we are intending to turn our PPOR into an IP – with vacancy rates for the suburb at 0.9% LY and more infrastructure to come with the Deer Park bypass, this is an area not to overlook if you're trying to get your toe in the market…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.