All Topics / Finance / What percentage lend can I get on a mixed use resi/comm building

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of craigsedcraigsed
    Participant
    @craigsed

Hello helpful mortgage brokers out there!

Hopefully a quick and easy question…..

Looking at a property in rural NSW. Six residential units and three shops in the one property parcel. Purchase price would be around $400k. Would look to purchase in our discretionary trust.

Q1 – would the loan need to be commercial, or could it be done as a residential?

Q2 – would I be able to get an 80% lend on the property? The agent is suggesting because of the commercial component I am unlikely to be able to borrow more than 70% against the property.

Thanks,
    Craig.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Craig

When you say you are buying them as 1 parcel are they all on the same Title or are you just buying them all together.

If they are one 1 Title then you are unlikely to get more than 70-75% depending on the purchase price.

And Yes if one 1 Title the loan will need to be considered as a Commercial loan.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of craigsedcraigsed
    Participant
    @craigsed

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that. Yep, one title.

Craig.

Profile photo of Shaun M SmithShaun M Smith
    @shaun-m-smith

Agree with Richard. Max lend 75%.

Profile photo of MortgagePlusMortgagePlus
    @mortgageplus

Depending on the rental returns etc, I can get you up to 80-85%.
    Mixed use is no problem.

Email me at [email protected] if you would like some additional information.

Profile photo of InvestfiInvestfi
    @investfi

If the property is rural NSW then there is only a few major lenders who you can use. once there is income being generated in this property / ies then it must come under business or commercial banking. Business bankers tend to work with the owner/client so you build up a working relationship and understand theups & downs of  cash flow in a business. They will still treat the lend with mixed though ie. resi units still lend under resi & shops etc under business but the costs / fees can often be higher than normal resi lending. They are all tax deductible though. Interest rates are usually 1-1.5% above residential lending (approx 9.6% + at present) although CBA business have a special on at present with nil est. fees for some jobs! 
    Hope this helps?
    [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.