All Topics / Help Needed! / Look please

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of TheYoungInvestorTheYoungInvestor
    @theyounginvestor

Hi people if my credit card limit is $30,000 and cash advance percent is 21% , and i decided to take cash out of my credit card to invest in property how much intrest would i pay to the credit card? thanks

Profile photo of ZigZig
    Participant
    @zig

Hi Young I.

I am far from an expert in these matters but I will try to get the ball rolling here.

I'm guessing you intend to use credit for your deposit.  The banks most likely won't accept this, and for good reason.  If you can't save for a deposit, you will most likely struggle to pay the two lots of interest and could end up owing more than you originally borrow.  I suggest you go to a bank or loan broker and ask for suggestions and help.  PS I htink you will probably pay 21% interest, unless I am misunderstanding your question. 

Profile photo of TheYoungInvestorTheYoungInvestor
    @theyounginvestor

Yes i know i will be paying 21% intrest but on a 30,000$ amount if i took all of the 30k out with 21% how much repayment would i be doing per month on the 30k only.

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello YI

Paying only the interest portion would be $525/month.

$30,000 X 21/100 = $6300 / 12 = $525

This is really expensive credit. 

Hope this helps
    Elka

Profile photo of TheYoungInvestorTheYoungInvestor
    @theyounginvestor

That's a fair bit of cash.

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Trade in your credit card for a personal loan, at least the interest rate will be a helluva lot lower – better yet, get the bank to give you a property loan at 8-9% (you'll be paying less than half the amount of interest).

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

The other thing about drawing it off your credit card – something the most people are not aware of until it bits – is that you pay interest on the WHOLE amount until it is paid off. ie draw down $30 K pay interest on 30K, pay back 20K, still paying interest on $30K. Not fair I know, but it is in the fine print – well at least that is how it was when I got stung. OK that was 10 years ago, and please someone correct me if I am wrong. But i believe this still catches alot of people and proves very costly.

In short, personally, I would do all I could to avoid getting a deposit together this way.
    Mick

Profile photo of Badgers_R_UsBadgers_R_Us
    Participant
    @badgers_r_us
    TheYoungInvestor wrote:
    Yes i know i will be paying 21% interest but on a 30,000$ amount if i took all of the 30k out with 21% how much repayment would i be doing per month on the 30k only.

YoungInvestor, I'd suggest you learn some basic maths before you even think about dabbling in investing. Without even the basic tools you're heading for disaster.

Profile photo of imugliimugli
    @imugli

I think this one should be in the creative investing section – the VERY creative investing section :-)

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Also when you go for the house loan the lender will reduce how much you can borrow by the credit limit of your credit cards.
    Sometimes even if you owe zero on the credit card.

As for borrowing on a credit card you should only use it for very very short term borrowing rather than for longer term borrowing.

if you could get a personal loan at say 13.5% p/a over 7 years it would cost $127.34 a week . or $132 a week for 14.5%
    plus a $150 to set up loan and a $10 a month account fee
    worked out from NAB loan calculator
    see http://www.nab.com.au/Personal_Finance/0,,82415,00.html

Profile photo of sallyannsallyann
    @sallyann

Most bank websites have calculators online where you can enter the amount of the loan, term and interest rate and calculate repayments.

I think you'd be better off using a more traditional deposit.

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Are you serious???

You wan't to borrow at 20 something per cent on a compounding interest credit line to start a property portfolio?

You would be wiser to throw all your money and clothes you own into a river and then sticking drugs into a boogie board bag while travelling Overseas –
            at least this way you have half a chance.

Anyone can get a lot of credit, making money is a complete different game.

Cut up your 20 what? per cent credit card now, save a bit and study up on the fundamentals of money.

Only use high interest credit if the returns are even higher (PROPERTY RARELY RETURNS 21 PER CENT CONSISTENTLY WITHOUT MASSIVE RISK OR MUCH EXPERIENCE)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.