All Topics / Creative Investing / Approaching a unit owner about rent to buy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Heya- we may have identified a unit that is used for storage and wish to approach the owner about renting to buy/vendors terms. As the unit appears to be not lived in, and we have not noticed anyone there in the 4 months that we have lived very closely nearby.

I know it is a long shot and a bit pie in the sky – but nothing ventured nothing gained! Soooo, do I send a letter to the address and hope that the mail is redirected or collected? Also how do I word the letter of offer? Should I include info about renting to buy as an attachment, do I keep the letter brief and hope to fill in the gaps if we get a call back or do I include a little bit about our situation??? – basically any help/assistance would be so gratefully appreciated.

Thanking you

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Maree

As this is something that you may not have doen before, it helps to keep it simple.  First step is to contact the owners direct.  A couple of ways to do this is via the Strata Committee President (or Manager) for the building or RP Data (in most States).

When you get to talk to the owner, just ask them if they wold be interested in giving you a long term lease, at above market rental, with a view to you being able to purchase the unit, down the road.

That should get you going.  Feel free to PM me with the results.  Good luck.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Thanks Paul – really appreciate your time and the suggestion of contacting the Strata Title committee Manager, wouldn't have thought of that. All the units look individually owned. Would the Strata Title Committee Manager be c/- of the complex? I definately will let you know if anything evenuates. Cheers

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Maree

I find the best way to find out whose doing the Strata Management, is to ask one of the owners.  They usually have a pretty good idea.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.