All Topics / Creative Investing / Searching for options for good investments!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of CarrolCarrol
    Participant
    @carrol

Hi everyone, I have a few months left in my company before I retire …. and I would like to know about the options that I can consider for my retirement plan. I am taking about some real good investments so that I get my future secured (want it secured for the kids too). I have a few options that I can look up to like REI, mutual funds and stocks…..but need a bit of advice from you to make a better decision.

Profile photo of NirollNiroll
    @niroll

Apart form the ones that you have stated there are many more options…..but as far as I am concerned I would consider a wise investment in RE as that is one of the secured options that I know. You just need to hook up a good RE consultant or a real estate investor that can guide you in your investments. That can be good for the future prospects too and will definitely give you a more secure investment than any other.

Profile photo of ErikHErikH
    @erikh

Carol, before you head off in any direction do a bit of research / reading on investing principles, i.e.:

(1) do you want your investments to generate an income on a monthly basis or do you want capital growth or some combintaion of the two. And how much income or growth do you want? A combination is often (but not always) the best in that you get cash from your income producing investments but you get capital appreciation (i.e. protection against inflation) from your growth investments. Typically the recommended ratio shifts towards more income focus as you get older.

(2) think about your time horizon as you do not want to have to exit any investments too soon and then have to face a loss as a result of that, property typically has a 7-10 yr cycle and shares I would suggest you should be looking to keep them at least 5 yrs (less if you have a great bull-run) 

(3) think about your approach to risk – would you mind if your invesments went up or down by 5%, 10%, 15% or 20%. Your attitude towards risk helps to determine how you split up your investment portfolio between the different asset classes i.e. property, mutual funds, shares, bonds, cash etc. This is called asset allocation (just google it).

(4) think about how much cash you need as emergency funds whether you need any (additional) life insurance

I would suggest that you first read some of the free stuff that is on the web or get some books from the library and then find a financial planner who gives advise on a fee basis rather than a commission basis so he/she doesn't try and sell you something you don't want / need.

Profile photo of verifiedtradingverifiedtrading
    @verifiedtrading

short-term bond funds are the best option for investment, with possibly some intermediate-term bonds for those with a high percentage of their portfolio invested in bonds.

http://www.verified-trading.com

Profile photo of MeakinMeakin
    @meakin

Hi

It's good to invest money today's investment will help you in future. As you are thinking about investment after retirement I would like to suggest you to invest in real estate. From it you will get some extra income through rent and the chances of returns is also good. For more information you can visit this link http://www.ira-401k-realestate.com/IYF%2DVideo%2DOpt%2DIn/ . I hope this will help you.

Profile photo of bjmacabjmaca
    Participant
    @bjmaca

Carrol,

I am a true believer in buying Land. We are doing a lot of investing in South Western Queensland looking at 3-5 year captial growth areas. Some of the vendors are even giving purchasers incentives in these areas to assist with growing the region. We are buying land between $45-75k some with incentives up to $20k. Buying the land in bulk and then selling off individul blocks when we need money. We have made 20 – 30% this year so far.
    If you want to know more or need assistance in any of this please feel free to contact me.

Cheers and happy investing

BJMACA

Profile photo of agentyumiagentyumi
    Participant
    @agentyumi

In business planning, there are many things to consider first and as I was browsing the net I found this:

How To Find A Good Investment

Fills a Need – Make sure that the business actually does something that someone will always want.

Is Run Well
    – Find out about the people running the business. Make sure that they actually care about filling the need. Just remember, if the business isn’t filling the need, it’ll disappear.

Has a High Barrier of Entry – The business should be hard to replicate. If it ends up making a lot of money and it’s easy to duplicate, pretty soon, there will be thousands of businesses just like it! People aren’t.  If people trust the company, and the product is working just fine for them, it’ll be awfully hard to get them to switch.

Is Underpriced
    – Let’s face it. We want to make money, so we’re looking for something cheap. Now, that doesn’t mean we’re ripping the other people off. It’s cheap for a reason.

Of course, the more promising you think the business is, the more you can pay for it. Just keep in mind though that there’s potential everywhere while good results are hard to come by.

Profile photo of thomas09thomas09
    @thomas09
    Carrol wrote:

I have a few options that I can look up to like REI, mutual funds and stocks…..but need a bit of advice from you to make a better decision.

Hi,

Each investment option is good. I just want to suggest to take advice from experts before investment.

Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff

If you want to make huge profits and secure your future,  Dump all your paper (Cash,  Bonds,  Shares)  As the world will soon realise paper is worthless and exchange it for Precious metals,  Either gold or silver,  These resources are so precious and finite,  If Gold was shared to everyone in the world everyone would only have 1 ounce each,  This shows you in how short supply it is.

You can print all the monopoly money in the world but it will still be worth nothing soon,  Every paper currency in the histroy of the world has had its value eventually go to 0,  Because people eventually realise its a fraud.  It looks as if the dollar will collapse sooner rather then later,  You don't want to retire next year with only enough paper to buy a few loafs of bread.

Gold and Silver has a huge catching up to do to account for all the compounding inflation there has been in the last few dacades

I have been warning of what is happening today on this forum months ago and everyone laughed and mocked my statements,  Now the combined stocks of the world are loosing 3-5% a week,  This is 1929 stuff yet people still are not waking up.

Educate yourself as fast as you can and protect yourself from the comming ecconomic collapse.

Remember,  Knowing the truth is power,  Living in a bubble of doubt and unknowing will result in fear and panic once the S%^ hits the fan

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    If you want to make huge profits and secure your future,  Dump all your paper (Cash,  Bonds,  Shares)  As the world will soon realise paper is worthless and exchange it for Precious metals,  Either gold or silver,  These resources are so precious and finite,  If Gold was shared to everyone in the world everyone would only have 1 ounce each,  This shows you in how short supply it is.

You can print all the monopoly money in the world but it will still be worth nothing soon,  Every paper currency in the histroy of the world has had its value eventually go to 0,  Because people eventually realise its a fraud.  It looks as if the dollar will collapse sooner rather then later,  You don't want to retire next year with only enough paper to buy a few loafs of bread.

Gold and Silver has a huge catching up to do to account for all the compounding inflation there has been in the last few dacades

I have been warning of what is happening today on this forum months ago and everyone laughed and mocked my statements,  Now the combined stocks of the world are loosing 3-5% a week,  This is 1929 stuff yet people still are not waking up.

Educate yourself as fast as you can and protect yourself from the comming ecconomic collapse.

Remember,  Knowing the truth is power,  Living in a bubble of doubt and unknowing will result in fear and panic once the S%^ hits the fan

Do you type this each time, are just cut and paste it.  Have read the same thing so many times in so many different posts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.