All Topics / Help Needed! / Seeking a Serious Mentor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Hi All
    I'm putting feelers out for an experienced property development mentor. I'm serious about making PD my primary business, and have already breached into the field using options. I am now at the point I need some further guidance, advice etc, and would like to find someone to act as a sounding board or guide to enable me to progress beyond where I am now.

I'm happy to provide details of where i've been and what i've done privately via email to any serious, and I do mean serious, interested parties. You would be a successful developer in your own right with a number of successful projects completed, and also on the go presently. I am not interested in doing any more 'seminars' or courses from the various spruikers around town. I have had enough of the falsehoods and inaccurate 'promises' made by these people.

I would be grateful to hear from you, and you can email me to discuss further (including JV arrangements if appropriate) at [email protected].

Thanks

Matt.

Profile photo of frosty1frosty1
    @frosty1

hi matt,

unfortunately i can't help you on that one.

but could you tell me what courses and who's seminars you have been to.?

and were they of no help at all?

thanks,

frosty1

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Hi Frosty. done a few share trading and property investment/options courses. some of the info is quite valid, but nowhere near as being as easy, profitable or risk free as the spruikers say. lost a lot of money believing the hype, and worse, lost a lot of time. In fairness I did learn a lot but mostly through going out there and doing it rather than simply believing what I was told and going blindly into the breach so to speak.
    Biggest lesson in my personal opinion is this: don't believe the hype and claims the spruikers make, get indpendent proof of the claims they're making before giving them any money. Do your due dilligence. If they're legitimate they should have no problems in showing proof of their claims. I don't mean some flashy website, but documentation that's legally binding, auditable etc. And don't fall for the old "oh you must have the wrong mindset" bullshi* either as many of them will throw at you when you start asking probing questions…
    anyway, I could go on like this for hours..
    That said I truly hope to find an experienced property developer who will assist me in my journey.
    Thanks
    Matt

Profile photo of quickchickquickchick
    @quickchick

Hi Matt.

I have been to Kiyosaki on the Gold Coast (2003, I think.) very inspiring, but when I finished it took me 3 months and a lot of frustration to find my first cashflow-positive property.

Have done a share trading course, not as easy as it looks, and need to spend $14,000 or so to further my education. (Which I'm happy to do, but need to see some results first.)

Have done a property options course too, felt pumped by the end of the day, but the data to do anything was going to set me back hundreds of dollars a month so never did..

I'm currently doing the RESULTS  programme (with Steve Mcknight and the propertyinvesting team.) Only been going for 4 weeks, and as an "experienced" investor already with several cashflow positive proerties, I'm learning heaps! I wanted to go into developing, and wouldn't do it without a mentor. Which I have, and lots of accountability buddies, thru the programme. Obviously, I need to buy my first developing deal and see it work, which will be the proof the course works. 

Like finding my first positive cashflow property, it's NOT easy, and takes time, personal development, and effort. Oh, and you do have to buy property, too!

But I strongly recommend the RESULTS course, and Steve's seminar April 11-13 2008 was great, practical info in digetible portions! If you haven't been to it, it costs about 1/10 of Kiyosaki, and is more applicable in our current market in Australia. You can say it costs too much for the year long RESULTS programme, but you can stumble along on your own and it may cost you much more!  (Year programme  costs about the same as a 3 day seminar with Kiyosaki.) And you have  a mentor as part of it, and access to the whole team (eg I spent an hour on the phone with Leon today, who has 40 yrs of developing experience!)  Real, live property investors who are ahead of us in the journey.

Another mentor may or may not volunteer their services for free, anyway. They make too much doing what they do best, to spend time with a stranger who wants to pick their brains!

Worth a thought.

Good luck in all your ventures. Just think, you wouldn't become an engineer without spending $10,000's of HECS fees. Its not a bad thing to pay for an education.

Quickchick.   

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Ok I think I should clarify something for anyone reading my post. I'm not trying 'pick anyone's brains' or get something for nothing, thus my offer to JV projects in return for knowledge. These are details i would discuss with an interested party in private only. I'm not out here for a free ride or otherwise, just trying to find someone real, ethical, honest and experienced who's willing to share their knowledge rather than do nothing but take money and upsell.
    hope this clears some aspects of my post up.
    Thanks again
    Matt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.