All Topics / General Property / Cairns Investment?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of marklesliemarkleslie
    @markleslie

Just interested to know if many people have investments in Cairns or whether you believe Cairns is a good spot for IP, and if so what areas? Northern Beaches vs South Cairns etc.

thanks
    Mark.

Profile photo of Agent In ParadiseAgent In Paradise
    Participant
    @agent-in-paradise

Hi Mark,

I am an Agent in Cairns, and to answer your query, the Northern Beaches is the better area in which to invest, primarily as it is deemed as a higher socio-economic area and as such is in higher demand, particularly from renters. Our Property Manager regularly pleads with us in the Sales Dept. to bring more rentals to the table for him as he has an extensive list of renters he simply can't accommodate. What this means for investors is that they attracting premium rentals, and these are from good quality tenants. There are currently some excellent investment opportunities available with strong rental return and solid growth potential.

If you let me know what your budget / pre-requisites are, I am more than happy to assist you where possible in locating a solid investment in the area for you.

If you would like to have a chat, you an contact me on 0408 977811 or email me at [email protected].

Profile photo of GerryGGerryG
    @gerryg

Mark, with out a doubt a good investment area.  Stay away from the 3 M's.  Suburbs that start with M in and around Cairns for obvious reasons, a drive up through the will show you why.  We have a property in Palm Cove and it has been an excellent investment, had it two years now and runs at about 80% occupancy as we holiday rent it..  Good area to  make good money in.  Cairns has a good rental market and is priced well for a good return.

Profile photo of 4141915541419155
    Participant
    @41419155

I have two questions:

the first is if everyone is staying away from the 3 M's doesn't that mean that there is a potential to enter an untapped market. i am assuming that these area's are "run down" so doesn't that mean there is also a possibility to renovate and get out quickly? I am new at trying to think like an invester and was wondering if there are serious floors in my analagy and way of thinking about things?

The second question is how do can i start a thread?

Thanks for your help in advance

Profile photo of GerryGGerryG
    @gerryg

The three M's are not necessarily run down, the property's are not badly kept, the problem is the tennants that are attracted to the area may not have the best references??  Many get caught out. You might be right though, there may be some good opportunities there, but there is so much better available there…
    Re the thread, on the right hand side of your scroll and one of the headings says Active forums, these are the ones you are actively talking in..

Profile photo of 4141915541419155
    Participant
    @41419155

thanks gerryg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.