All Topics / Help Needed! / super fund $11k

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of 50mill50mill
    Participant
    @50mill

I have $11,000 in my superfund. What is the best use for this small amount. I am investigating setting up a 'self manged super fund' where i could use the capital for a deposit on a commercial property of some sort, perhaps.

What are some other strategies I could look at? or books/info I could read?

loanWolf

chase the dream

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

LW

Sorry dont ever want to burst your bubble but i think you maybe slightly short in the way of capital for setting up a SMSF.

Whilst there is no legal minimum amount we normally deal with clients with minimum $75K + due to the setup and annual compliance costs.

With regards to using the funds as deposit for a commercial property inside the SMSF this amount would be eaten up in Government charges such as stamp duty and establishment fees let alone the minimum 20% deposit requirement.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

LW

Sorry dont ever want to burst your bubble but i think you maybe slightly short in the way of capital for setting up a SMSF.

Whilst there is no legal minimum amount we normally deal with clients with minimum $75K + due to the setup and annual compliance costs.

With regards to using the funds as deposit for a commercial property inside the SMSF this amount would be eaten up in Government charges such as stamp duty and establishment fees let alone the minimum 20% deposit requirement.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of craigsedcraigsed
    Participant
    @craigsed

Yep, can confirm my SMSF is costing me around $2,000 a year in accountancy and associated running costs…….have around $150k in it, and I consider each year if it is worthwhile running as a SMSF at that size……

Craig.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I'd back both of the other comments – however I'll add: join an industry fund (one open to public offers eg CBUS or check out superratings website), fees are minimal (these will eat away at your capital at a rapid rate). When you have a couple of hundred grand set aside, then go for your own fund in order to keep costs down to 1-2% of your balance.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Yep, totally agree…
    The cost is too much for 'little' amount of super
    Not worth to consider at this stage… save more

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.