All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying off the plan apartments

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of taniaandmichaeltaniaandmichael
    @taniaandmichael

The pros & cons? Any actual 1st hand advice would be welcomed on theis subject, and please correct me if I am wrong.

(Case study) Property is a 3 bed apartment right on the Brisbane river off the plan. Purchase price is $2 million. Down payment is 10% or $200k. Terms are settlement on completion late 2010.

I see this as a no brainer. My intension is to secure a 3 bedroom apartment with a 10% deposit, and place back on the market in the future and sell sometime prior to completion.

Forum, your thoughts would be very kindly welcomed.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Wont comment on the location or price but have you considered the Qld Stamp Duty on a $2 Mil purchase.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jon ChownJon Chown
    @jon-chown

If this property is in the Riverbank Apartments on Riverside Drive in West End, I would be extremly careful.   At this point in time there are in excess ov 30 Million Dollar plus apartments on the market and more being built,   Last year there was a total of 24 sales in this price range.   Speculating on this type of property can be ok but I believe that this market has been saturated in Brisbane.   Millenium Towers in Kangaroo Point are not selling and Castlebar Cove prices have dropped from an ask of over 3 million to last sale of 2,1 Million.

Do more research,

Profile photo of taniaandmichaeltaniaandmichael
    @taniaandmichael

Thanks for your comments Jon. The apartments are actually the new Mirvac development, Newstead waterfront.  I think hat I will stick to buying and selling in the Dubai & Abu Dhabi market for now. Thanks.

Profile photo of OzboyOzboy
    @ozboy

You would be using a deposit bond rather than $200K, yes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.