All Topics / Help Needed! / Townhouse / Villa — where do they go?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of aliyeealiyee
    Participant
    @aliyee

Hi all,

Just a simple question.  People always talk about the capital growth and the rental yield for houses and units, but I'm just not sure where townhouses and villas fit into?  Can someone shed some light on me?

Thanks

Profile photo of Jon ChownJon Chown
    @jon-chown

Ali,   From my observations the capital gain on Townhouses is similar to that achieved on Units perhaps slightly higher, the rental return on both is higher than houses per dollar invested.

While on this subject, I feel that I must point out that any figure of capital growth on Houses (in established areas) is so skewed that the figure is all but useless to use any sort of guide with which to base any decision upon.   The reason for this is that no one is able to adjust the figures to take into account the millions of dollars spent on house renovation between sales.   I did some research on this fact in 2005 and colaited all sales for a ten year period for the suburb of Coorparoo in Brisbane.   While the average growth rate was around 10% at that time, once adjusted by a figure for renovation costs that rate droped to just over 8% jaut a bit higher than the rate achieved by units.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.