All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Property Investment Workshop. What an education

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of JLJL
    @jl

Recently I went to my very first workshop, and what an education.  It was delivered by a Brisbane based group, who are trying to sell property, finance and banking.  It started with the old line, I'm a nervous public speaker, so if you could write all your questions down and I will contact you all after the seminar to answer them for you, after all we don't want to be here until breakfast.  ALARM BELLS ringing right there.  Anyway, I decided at this point that I could not walk out, as this may be fun, and fun it was.  I sat there and listened, and they told me how fantastic negative gearing is and with a minimum of 3% return I could own 5 investment properties in the next 15 years. 
    So they gave an example that so flawed it had you paying $8k per year for a property that would cost you $14K per year.
    At this point I feel that this is gross neglience when they advertise that this is a Free Property Investment Workshop. Is there any action that can be taken against companies like this.  It just blew me away how blantantly incorrect the numbers were and how many people were actually there to further investigate the company after it was all over.  Is there anything I can do legally before I blow the whistle with a Current Affair or similar?
    Thanks
    JL

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.