All Topics / Help Needed! / Advertising to appeal to investors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of DaedalusDaedalus
    @daedalus

Hi All,

Having attended the Mega Property Investing conference, and going along to Steve McKnight's workshop on marketing properties, I'm working on an ad that I will use in the next weeks to sell one of my properties. I'd like to post the advertising copy and ask other members for their feedback (since you are investors).

Please note, I'm not trying to actively sell the property through the forum, but I'd like to know if I'm hitting the mark. Your feedback is appreciated.

The 'needs' that I've identified for property investors are:

– Tax deductions
    – Capital Growth
    – Quality property/low maintenance costs
    – Good Location
    – Reliable tenants in place – income from day 1 – no initial lettting fee
    – Peace of mind/investment surety
    – Approval of peers/family that the investment is a good one

So, my advertising copy is going to be something like:

Sleep easy with this quality investment property in your portfolio
    This one ticks ALL the boxes for the sophisticated investor!
    The 2BR unit in a small development is situated in a prime position within one of the most solid capital growth areas of Australia, centrally located whin 5mins of Sunshine Plaza, Schools, Maroochydore town centre and beaches. This property will always be in demand.
    Less than 12 months old, featuring builtins and quality fixtures, maintenance costs are minimal. Dream tenants are in place who really look after the property, so you will earn income from day one. Weekly rental has increased in line with booming rental demand at each lease renewal.
    A full depreciation schedule has ben prepared so you can maximise your tax deductions immediately and improve your cash flow.
    This is a smart investment, offering trouble-free returns, captial growth and excellent yield. This will be a great deal for a fast-acting investor.
    Call Ddddd Aaaa NOW on 1234567890 for your investment information pack.

The imagery will be an internal shot (professionally taken) of the light & bright interior, which will take in the timbers staircase, living area, and hopefullya glimpse of the courtyard.

I'm interested in your feedback on the advertising copy, and also if there are any other investor-specific needs that I've missed.

Thanks in advance,

Daedalus.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

You've made a good first draft. Some comments to help you improve include:

1. Headline needs to be shorter and punchier. Example: Hands Up If You Want A Great Investment?

Remember the headline exists to attract attention and to help you stand out from the noise.

2. Hmmm – not sure I would use your first line as a leader. What if I'm not sophisticated? If you want to go with this angle then tweak it. Perhaps 'Finally. The opportunity of a lifetime that a smart investor will snap up fast.` At this point you are building interest.

3. Seems to me that this is a set and forget type investment. I`d play on that… sit back and watch the rent roll in (that could be your headline). Go with the growth angle and try to turn features into benefits.

A unique opportunity to acquire an A Grade asset in one of Australia`s most desireable locations with record high growth.`Of course, this needs to be true!

Remember that you want to build desire, but also leave the reader wanting to call to find out more.  You could close with…

This is a great deal. How great… Call now to find out!`

Keep working through it. You`ve made a great start. Well done.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of DaedalusDaedalus
    @daedalus

Thanks Steve,

I really appreciate your feedback. This is quite an interesting process. Here's my second draft, hopefully it has a bit more bite

Want a high-performing, low stress investment?
    This one ticks ALL the boxes – it's a high growth, hassle-free investment for a smart investor to snap up fast.
    The 2BR, 2-storey townhouse in a small, private development is situated in a prime position within one of the most consistent capital growth areas of Australia. Centrally located within 3mins of Sunshine Plaza, schools, Maroochydore town centre and beaches, this property will always be in demand from tenants – for you that means both capital AND rental growth.
    Less than 12 months old, featuring built-ins and quality fixtures, maintenance costs are minimal. The dream tenants have been in since new, so you will earn income from day one with no addional letting fees. Weekly rental has increased in line with booming rental demand at each lease renewal, with a new 6 month lease just signed.
    A full depreciation schedule has been prepared so you can maximise your tax deductions immediately and improve your cash flow straight away.
    This is a smart investment, offering trouble-free returns, capital growth and excellent yield.

It's a great deal for the fast-acting investor. How great? Call now to find out!

Thanks again,
    Daedalus.

@daedalus

Hi Steve,

Another thing I meant to ask at the conference about this stuff…

I got the impression that your marketing was based on a sale by vendor arrangement – i.e. not using an REA?

The property that I'm selling is in another state, so I can't easy arrange inspections etc, and importantly, do the selling. Therefore I'll need to use a local REA. I'm guessing this will lead to some challenges when it comes to controlling the advertising.

What is your experience with this type of scenario? Do REA's tend to be finicky about their advertising rules?

Cheers,

Daedalus.

@daedalus

For anyone who is interested, I ran the above ad and attracted a high level of interest. I ended up selling in just under 4 weeks in a cooling market.
    Ironically, even though I targeted investors, the buyer was a first home buyer and will move in when the current lease expires.

Go figure.

Daedalus.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.