All Topics / Help Needed! / How to get approval on subdivision?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of shel25shel25
    @shel25

Hi, hoping somebody can provide some advice on subdividing.
    Have never subdivided before, however my family have a property which is 2 acres in size with a house on it. It has been valued at approx $320k, however the area is growing and I think that if they subdivided the land around the house, they would make more money (??).
    What are your thoughts?
    How, from a beginners point of view, do I get the subdivision process started, what is needed etc??
    Sorry, very new to this.

Thanks!

Profile photo of BossdogBossdog
    Participant
    @bossdog

Shel 25,
    First of all you need to check with local council as to the zoning of the property. Although it is 2 aces that does not neccessarily mean it can be subdivided. Start by contacting the the council and asking a town planner as too the neccessary requirements in your area for subdivision.

Cheers,

Profile photo of BuilderBobBuilderBob
    Participant
    @builderbob

Info quoted from the below links
    How to get approval on subdivision?

You will need to check with local council as to the zoning of the property.
    Speak to the council town planner as too the requirements in your area for subdivision as every council is different.

If you feel a subdivision is possible you will need to lodge an application for subdivision you will need to:Fill out a Development Application form, “Subdivision of land/building” and describing the proposed subdivision (eg.,“Title Subdivision development into two lots” or “Strata subdivision of an existing townhouse/villa home developmentinto six strata lots and common property”)
    Pay the relevant Development Application Fee .(no refunds on knock backs)
    Lodge the Application Form (and three copies) and the fees at Council together with 4 copies of the proposed plan ofsubdivision detailing the proposed lots,areas and dimensions, any commonproperty, easements, rights of way and, forall but duplexes, any garaging and carparking that exists.
    A registered surveyor may be ofassistance to you in preparing this.
    If the development you are subdividing is an existing multiple unit development you will also need to check if your property is affected by State Environmental Planning Policy (SEPP)
    Council will assess this application and advise you in writing of its decision. If the application is approved, a consent will be issued detailing any conditions that need to be complied with.

I Have Development Approval For Subdivision – What Do I Do From Here?

How to get approval on subdivision?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.