All Topics / Help Needed! / what to do with $150 000 equity

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of pagey23pagey23
    @pagey23

Hi there, I am looking at selling and would love any suggestions about how to best use $150 000 equity. Can anyone help me here?

Profile photo of luke1982luke1982
    @luke1982

Hi,

There are many ways you could use this money to make you money.  I strongly believe you should see your financial adviser before making any moves and of course, do your own research on what would best suit you.  Not knowing your situation, there are many things that interest me that I would invest that money into such as options in the share market to create cashflow.  If this is interesting to you google renting shares or go to the asx website that will take you through step by step on how to deal with options.  Or, reinvest it back into property which I also would like to do.  If you are close to retirment, then consider putting this money into your super, i believe that the tax is much less when you're over 55 (My dad is going through this at the moment).

Hope I helped you a little.

Kind Regards,
    Luke

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi there pagey – welcome to the forum. Just wonder…why are you thinking of selling? Do you mean you will walk away with $150k? You could keep your current property and access 80 or even 90 % of this equity easily if you can 'service' another loan. Once you sell, it is no longer equity – just 'cash'. Don't rush into anything. You will be able to make another/the next step regardless of whether you sell or not I'm sure. See if you can find a property savvy banker of broker in your area (yes, they are few and far between nowadays) for a chat. All the best. If youneed any more specifics or a 'scenario' just post – someone will help out woth some various options . all the best.

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi pagey
    What about doing renos or sub-divisions/builds to turn your cash over and mwhat seems to most to be an eternal fear of CGT make a profit.  ie only look for places that need a tidy up and spend around 10% of your purchase price and look for a profit of 10% +
    Once you get over the what seems to most to be an eternal fear of CGT, these can be profitable strategies.
    If you don't know how to do these effectively, find someone who does and do a Joint venture, sharing profits and potential losses, there are lots of savvy investors out there who are looking for JV or money partners
    Warm Regards
    Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I am with V8Ghia do you really want to sell?

Is the property in a poor location not providing you with a rental return or capital growth.

Why not use the equity to reinvest and move forward.

Yes making contributions to Superanuation are Taxed at only 15% but remember whilst you are able to gear in your SMSF these days you are limited in many ways. CGT is reduced to 10% where the asset has been held for over 365 days and only in Pension phase is there no tax payable on your pension.

The options market is a quick fire way of loosing money unless you have experience. I spent the early part of my life as Currency and SWAP trader in London so can tell you alot about the market and the players out there.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.