All Topics / Help Needed! / Should i invest in house or retail (shop front)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of t4_evert4_ever
    @t4_ever

Hi All,

I currently have a loan approval of $400k. should i buy  a house or a shop front ??

Please kindly tell me which is a better return and also their fees like stamp duty..

Cheer

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Statutory Fees will be the same regardless of the type of property investment that you choose ie it is based on the value of the transaction. If it is a commercial/retail property you may have to pay gst on top of the sale price – seek advice in this regard.

As to whether retail or residential is better – only your research will show which provides a better return or lesser opportunity cost. Banks are generally more weary in lending for commercial purposes and may impose stricter conditions like lower LVR, mortgagee consent for leasing/parting with the property and the like.

Residential property returns may be considered more stable than other property investments however you can achieve some great long term tenures in commercial ventures (ie you must offer a minimum term of 5 years to a retail tenant under some RTA state laws) however tenants can request less.

Profile photo of t4_evert4_ever
    @t4_ever

thanx you for your reply scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.