All Topics / General Property / New House Ready – Building inspection necessary ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of booomaboooma
    Participant
    @boooma

Hi All,

We have just visited our investment house built (4bed,2bath,dbl garage,flat block) for us by a local builder in QLD. The bank valuer has signed off final inspection for final payment to be made.

We visited the house ourselves and did a visual inspection (as much as we could see comparing to the contract).Which took us about 2 hours.

The house looked perfect,couldn't fault the finish or find any defects.Over the last few months with have built a good working relationship with the builder and the his staff,through our dealing with local suppliers he seems to be well respected.He has the right accreditations with HIA and QMBA.

Dilemma is should we appoint a building inspector to do a final inspection before handover of final payment ?

Interested to know what other investors have done ?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

A building inspector is like insurance, if you don't pay for it you are exposed to a risk of loss – how much is up to yourself. For peace of mine, I'd engage one as the expert, and again just before the expiry of the defects period to make sure that anything which has or may have failed gets repaired.

Profile photo of emu1208emu1208
    @emu1208

I would HIGHLY recommend to get it check by independant licence building inspection.. No offence to the builder.. At the end of the day, you have to protect your self on the most expensive purchase of your life. 
    cheers..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.