All Topics / Help Needed! / Is there any house/townhouse/unit in Vic for 300K?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of blazeblaze
    Participant
    @blaze

Hi,

I am looking for a house/townhouse/unit in VIC for around 300K. No flat/apartment. I like to have no one live above or beneath me. Though I like it to be in 10Km radius from Melbourne CBD. Is such property still exist? Which suburbs I should be paying more attention to? Or what alternative I should be looking at?

Maybe some links from domain.com.au/ realestate.com.au for me to look at would be appreciated.

Thanks,

blaze

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Hi – I think that would be a hard task, maybe a bedsit? Cheers

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

$300k will score you a 2 bed villa around Doncaster (about 20km).

You may have to lower your standards and go for a unit.

Profile photo of kris07kris07
    Participant
    @kris07

Trying looking in the inner west. That would be your best bet given your budget to live within 10km from the CBD

Profile photo of MortgagemanMortgageman
    Participant
    @mortgageman

Hi Blaze,

I think you would have to look west if you want that price within 10kms of the CBD. Maybe Altona, or some parts of Footscray and the surrounding suburbs you might get a town house or villa unit for somewhere around $300k. You would have to go a long way east or south of the city to find townhouses for that price.

Kind Regards,

Cameron Perry
    Perry Financial Strategies
    Level 13, 30 Collins St
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    Ph (03) 9662 1999
    Fax (03) 9662 2044
    http://www.perryfinance.com

Profile photo of blazeblaze
    Participant
    @blaze

Thanks for the replies guys.

In terms of investment – growth. Which one is better? A house in west suburb (Sunshine) or an apartment in east suburb (Hawthorn). I'll give some concrete examples:

Sunshine house: http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2006916089

Or

Hawthorn apartment: http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2006968204

What do you think?

Profile photo of annareannare
    Participant
    @annare

You may want to check out  Ivanhoe, you can still find ground level self contained 2 bedroom units, with a small garden on title in a group of 6 for about 280K.
    May need some work but a good entry into the market. and like having a small house.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.