All Topics / General Property / “Storage” requirements for new homes……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Is there anyone that can "shed" ( pun intended) some light on the requirement for  storage in new dwellings (multi's)  (Clause 55.05-6 Standard B30) that states: 

"Each dwelling should have access to min 6 cubic metres of externally accessible secure storage".

I am questioning if anyone can clarify if it MUST be EXCLUDING a 6×3.5 single garage?? Or is the fact there is a 6×3.5 garage sufficient??

Reason I am qu'ing  is,  that I have heard conflicting opinions. I am told I will need to provide additional storage (other than single garage) by one and not, by another IN COUNCIL, so please dont tell me to ring council!! And as I have seen plenty of unit sites where there is no seperate storage, I really dont know. 

So, I suspect it is a matter of interpretation, like many things in building, and a case of "who you get your answer from."
     But I am particularly keen to hear from anyone that can clarify this, or that has encountered this problem to resolve with council before please? (eg: builders? Designers? Developers? Surveyors?)

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.