All Topics / General Property / Words of mouth with Century 21 and Barry Plant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of francislfrancisl
    @francisl

Dear all,

I am looking for a property manager to manage my investment house in Clayton South Victoria.  I have shortlisted 2 and would like to know if anyone has used these agents.  They are:
    1.  Century 21-Wilson Pride
    2.  Barry Plant Oakleigh branch

Please please let me know you would recommend them if you have used them before.  Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Francis

Profile photo of brookeleabrookelea
    Participant
    @brookelea

i rented a property through barry plant and in the 5 years that i lived there, not one property mananger had come through the property.. no inspections, no contact and only 1 increase in rent..as a tenant, it was great..  

Profile photo of cadancadan
    Participant
    @cadan

Hi Francisl

I haven't used either of them for property management but I purchased my home from the team at century 21/wilson pride from clarinda. I have to say that these guys would have to be the most ethical real estate agents I can come across, they don't play games. Con is a director there, really takes pride in his office, and Jim was absolutely fantastic, can't speak highly enough. Not sure if this has helped, again, I don't know what they are like on the property management side. As for barry plant oakleigh, which I am sure was HS before the change, when looking at their properties, they didnt return calls and were not very helpful. BTW, what area in Clayton south is your property in (clayton, clarinda or westal side?). What do you think about the current market in the area?

Profile photo of PtialvPtialv
    @ptialv

Hi Francis,

I rented a property throgh wilson pride in carnegie a while ago for 4 years. they had a great response to the call outs for tradies and also had inspections every 6 months. No rent increase in those years which is good as a tenant. And the handover of property was very easy. No hassles in getttig bond back, may be if we kept the property very clean.

Profile photo of francislfrancisl
    @francisl

Thank you all for your experience in Century 21 and Barry Plant.

I am not an experience investor so I don't think I am qualified to advise on the prospect of Clayton South. However, below is my experience on this property.

I bought the property from the developer who rent it back as a display home. It appears to be alright on maintaining the property so far. It is a 2 years lease with 3 years option. I expected it the lease will last for 4 years. Unfortunately, the developer finish the project early and want to hand it back to me when the 2 years lease expire.

During the period as a display home, I don't need a property manager because the developer has property manager to look after all display homes. I am happy to save the fees and commissions for a property manager. However, when the lease expire, I need to take it over and rent it out. Therefore, I need a property manager.

My experience is that we should pay out more of its mortgage during the lease. Obviously, I haven't. How stupid I am. The area seems to be an old area with a lot of industrial properties. However, its location close to a few attractive infrastructure such as railway station, schools, highways, etc. Therefore, I am expecting it has good potential in capital growth. Right now, I need to focus on getting it into +ve so that I can sustain the coming downturn and rate rises.

What is your opinions on the area? Please share.

Thank you.
    Francis

Profile photo of cadancadan
    Participant
    @cadan

Hi Francis

I think I know where your talking about, the new development next to Westal station. In terms of yield it should be okay, in terms of growth, it should be slowish until the development finishes, and with the rate of sales over the past three years, I would say it will take another 2 – 3 years before the development is complete. Until this happends, I would suggest you hold onto the property, otherwise its a good development.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.