All Topics / Help Needed! / National Builders Group VIC

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of snowflakesnowflake
    @snowflake

Hi all-we just paid our deposit today and are very nervous having just read some of your comments.
    We built with Metricon before (OH MY GOD……………..) and have just pulled out of a contract with Henley (OH MY GOD AGAIN….).  We thought NBG sounded good but now we're thinking of asking for our deposit back.
    We sure don't need problems with people who want to pass the buck and regardless of whether they have independant builders we want the company to stand by their product and promise.
    So far they've been good but all sales people are good.
    Can anyone give more specific examples of problems they've had with the builders? I asked the sales person the question yesterday "what if we have prblems with the builder?"-his response "oh you won't". Yeah right. Can someone tell me if the company responds to such problems appropriately?
    Also, what are some of the reasons why some of you took so long to get to contract stage or completion?
    HELP please, don't need another drama. If I could take a pill to erase the 18mth of building with Metricon, I'd take it.  The last 8mths with Helney were just as bad, no communication, they take their time-you pay for price rises, "oh this is included"-"but now its not" kind of rubbish.
    We just want to build a house and enjoy it.
    THANKS

Profile photo of loga143loga143
    @loga143

HI ,

Tomorrow i am planning to pay advance with NBG for building a house in melbourne western suburb. Before i checked this site i thought NBG is good and their products and price are really impressive. but after read through feedbacks i am bit nervess. Has any one built house in western suburb. especially in burnside heights, caroline springs or taylers hill recently? whats your feedback and do you recomend any particular builer who builts for NBG ? Help please.

Profile photo of James007James007
    @james007

were in the west are you building ??

Profile photo of hamahahamaha
    @hamaha

Hi Snowflake

We are in the same situtaion as yourself and was wondering the name of the builder NBG has allocated to you. I have got my fixed quote but after reading this web site am nrevous about continuing. Better to lose $500 than $200,000 worth of house.
    please help.
    Thanks

Profile photo of snowflakesnowflake
    @snowflake

Hi we don't have the name of the builder yet; not at that stage. What really matters to me is their process so that I'm not left chasing a builder for bad quality work and that the company will stand by its product, regardless of who built it. So far if I go by the comments on this forum its not looking too good……..

Profile photo of loga143loga143
    @loga143

Hi james 007,

yes in the western suburb, have you built through NBG ?

Profile photo of nzfionanzfiona
    @nzfiona

I have been reading about MBG in another thread, and BOY! – weren't they given a serve by so many people?!?  We have decided to build in an estate in the western suburbs (currently living in the eastern 'burbs….our friends are ready to renew their passports when we move LOL).  However, after initially being impressed with NBG, we have decided to go with a smaller, more indpendent buildering firms.  Both use local builders, but one firm only uses three builders, while the other is a builder who now uses the same sub-contractors he's used for years.

We have said to all "builders" (read: marketing businesses) "we wish to be in our house, total turn-key, nothing else to do, by the beginning of such-and-such a month.  We will have this date written into the contract before any money is given out.  The only extensions will be granted BY US, and day-for-day (ie, every day of REASONABLE delay adds a day, not a month).  Can you deliver given our demands?"  The two builders who were happy to go with this are the only ones we are considering.  We discounted the Big Operators as they got a shifty look in their eyes when we gave them the spiel as quoth above.

One thing we have learned is to do one's homework and KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK AND WHAT DEMANDS TO MAKE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE PROCESS.  If the company with which you're dealing gets evasive in the slightest as regards your requests and queries, they're not worth it.

One interesting fact: the property development rep at the estate in which we are building told us to NOT go with NBG.  If anything, we should go with the smaller firms and forgoe the Big Operators….

Hmmm…..good advice, we feel.

Fiona

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If you have a concern about the builder – first check them out with VCat or licensing authority. Secondly, ask them for reference check – if they let you select any one of their clients going back over the last year or two not just the few that they offer you. Guaranteed to get a different response if they have something to hide.

Profile photo of ssurapanenissurapaneni
    @ssurapaneni

Don't even think about National Builders. I had a terrible experience with them. still having lot of problems with the house. visit productreview.com.au site for the feedback from various users.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.