All Topics / Value Adding / Animal urine on floorboards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of DJayDJay
    @djay

Hi all

I just spent the weekend pulling up dusty, smellly old carpet to find quite a lot of animal urine stains underneath.  Mostly they are around the walls of the room, but also some in the middle.  The floor is Tassie Oak.

Has anyone come accross this problem before?  Is there a way to fix it or will I have to replace the boards?  I'm seriously considering carpeting over now but am worried about the smell coming through.

Djay

Profile photo of JamakaJamaka
    @jamaka

We have recently polished our floorboards and found 2 areas with urine on it (not sure if animal or other) and the floor polisher advised us that it cannot be polished out – it leaves a black mark, but not necessarily a smell.  We ended up having to replace one area of flooring to avoid the discoloration.  The other area was covered by kitchen cupboards. 

Regards,
    Jamaka

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

We have had Guinea Pig pee on floor and had to replace carpet. —- intended to anyway.
    If you intend to relay carpet, then after time as you clean and disinfect the floor boards , and whilst you renovate and before laying carpet–the smell will go .
    Trust me –I work for the governemnt –would we lie to you ????

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.