All Topics / Help Needed! / What are peoples thoughts about the Brisbane CBD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of MARKG14422MARKG14422
    @markg14422

Hi,

I own three units in the brisbane CBD.
    They are all cash flow positive based on the prices I payed a couple of years ago.
    Im planning to have them revalued and use the equity for another investment.

Im self employed and my income isn't stable.
    This rules out any kind of investment that leaves me with a large monthly bill and not much rental income to pay it.
     Also, negitive gearing tax deductions arn't much use to me.

My loans are all low doc and my next loan will propably be low doc.

I was thinking about buying another unit in the CBD or mabey investing in an off the plan development that
    I could resell before completion.
    The market is really hot right now and I think theres a good chance of it going higher in the next six months.

Im a bit nevous about it though. The CBD prices here have almost caught up to Sydney. I really wonder how
    the average person can afford to hold such large mortgages but there seems to be no end of demand.

My end goal is to produce a passive income for myself.

I could go around and purchase a portfolio of strange regional properties or tiny melbourne innercity studios.
    If I drove a hard bargin I might end up netting 8% but the loan will probably be at %7.5 so I doubt it would be worth while
    with out any capital growth benefits.

I might be better off speculating on capital growth and then rolling over the profits for the next couple of years and then investing the end profits into a high cash flow investment.

What are people thoughs on the Brisbane CBD ? Do you think its worth betting on in the next two years ?

Mark.

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

I've "heard" the Valley (Fortitude Valley that is) is undergoing an urban renewal development thingamajig…could be a goer…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.