All Topics / Help Needed! / Antennae a fixture?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Casper_1000Casper_1000
    Participant
    @casper_1000

Hi Everyone,

If you've installed a TV antennae inside the roof of a house are you intitled to take it with you when you move or is it considered a fixture of the house and therefore must stay?  The house I lived in belonged to my parents but it must be sold as it is now a deceased estate.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Cath WoodCath Wood
    Participant
    @cath-wood

When putting in offers, I now add TV antennae to the blurb about fixtures and fittings and lightfittings and window treatments, etc, because it does seem to be an area of some contention.

If you have not yet put the house up for sale, and you want to take the antennae with you, you can ensure that it is put into the offer and acceptance document that the antennae is not included in the sale price. 

I would question the wisdom of doing it though.  You may find that the amount you'd lose from the sale price would be more than the cost of a new antennae.  Then again, maybe not.

Cath.

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

I would say it is a fixture. After all,it is wired in and bolted to the building.

Tools

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

Definitely. Its always been a "fixture" on all my (Vic) sale contracts and never once been an issue. I Cant speak for other states.

Profile photo of Cath WoodCath Wood
    Participant
    @cath-wood

I had a vendor make off with one once, so I did the investigation and found out that in that case he was not entitled to it, and I was, as the purchaser. 

As part of that research, an experienced real estate agent told me that they now always include antennae in their contracts because it is not necessarily black and white. 

I'm in WA, so I don't know if something about our contracts is different to other states in that respect. 

Cath.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.