All Topics / Help Needed! / Difference between Subdivision and Dual Occupancy

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MysteryMystery
    Participant
    @mystery

Hi,

I have bought a 800m2 corner block in Ipswich area which has a small house on one half and the other half able to be subdivided according to council town planner.

Reading posts on the cost of subdividing a block in Ipswich area ($45k). What is the main difference between dual occupancy and subdivision …… is dual occupancy where you can have two properties on the one block on the same title, but if you want to sell one, then you would have to sell both? Whereas subdivision would mean that you have two titles enabling me to build a second house/duplex on a totally separate title which would allow me to sell each one individually.

Is my understanding correct, .. if not, can someone explain it to me.

Thanks

Martin

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

You are correct all except for the spelling.  Dual is quite different to duel

Profile photo of MysteryMystery
    Participant
    @mystery

Thanks Simon, ……. I typed it a couple of minutes before I had to go to work, so it was rushed and I didn't spell check it …. but, thanks anyway

Martin

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

Does this mean that if I build a second house in the back yard but do not subdivide, I am still up for headworks costs etc even if I don't subdivide.

Wylie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.