All Topics / General Property / Buy as PPOR or Investment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ken smithken smith
    @ken-smith

Hi all,

I have just sold an investment unit and I have another house as an investment aside from my PPOR. I am about to sell my PPOR which I have reno'd to purchase another house. I plan to reno the new house and make it my PPOR altough I definately plan to sell within 12 months.
    Can somebody please explain why I would not purchase the new house as PPOR as I both need somewhere to sleep and I pay no tax on my gains. Would there be any point in buying under a company name as I will then incur tax liabilities.
    Look forward to your replys
    Thanks
    Ken
    Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello Ken

Seems to me that  buying the next property as your PPOR is the smart way to go exactly for the reasons you've mentioned.  Sounds like a good strategy to me while it lasts.

The only thing to watch is I don't how many of these "buy PPOR, reno and sell" houses the ATO will allow you to do before they decide that your running a business doing this and tax you accordingly.  I guess your accountant will have a better idea of this.

Hope this helps
    Elka

Profile photo of ken smithken smith
    @ken-smith

Thanks Elka,

I'll have a chat to the accountant for sure. Thanks for your input and good luck
    Ken
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.