All Topics / General Property / To buy or not to buy – That is the Question….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of nickshahnickshah
    @nickshah

Hello All

I have got a question for the more experienced folks (more experienced than me, that is, pretty much everyone on this forum:) )

I am looking at a Villa Unit – in a block of 3 with the following specs…

Suburb: Altona

Street: Queen St – One street behind the beach

Specs: 2BR/carport/central AC

Location: 50 mts. from Railway stn, Coles, Cafes & above all beach. There are also some primary schools ard there.

Objective: To own an IP (currently owning my own home). It can be -ve geared.

Price: ard. 240K

What do you guys think? I believe that if this unit was in Sydney (1 street away from beach), it would be atleast 3 times the price. I know about the melbournians lack of love for the western suburbs, but I guess it will only be time before that changes.

rgds

nick

Profile photo of gafamagafama
    @gafama

Hi Nick

I have a couple of properties in the western Subs of Melbourne (even though I'm based in Sydney).  You're right – that close to the beach in Sydney would be worth a lot more.

Don't know much about Altona and up until recently I have been ecstatic about my properties in Melb however the last 6 months have seen massive rental increases for me, as well as values starting to move so I'm now not so unhappy about it. 

Do the numbers – what return can you expect?  If that's in your price range, it might be a worthwhile investment.  Also, can you improve on it to gain more growth/return?

Can't help with specifics for the area – but perhaps some food for thought?!

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.