All Topics / General Property / Finding properties

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of shanshanshanshan
    Participant
    @shanshan

How do you guys go about finding properties?

I have been using http://www.realestate.com.au but find that a lot of the properties advertised as for sale on there have been sold when I contact the agent.

Is it best to register with agents? I'm always hesitant in giving my numbers to them as they have been a nuisence in the past.

Any advice or experiences would be great

Profile photo of StevieStevie
    Participant
    @stevie

You could use realestate.com to narrow down your search then use alternative sites, such as the direct real estate sites in the area you are interested in or check out their local paper (if they put property listings on their website).

I did find it easier to travel through a regional area and spend at least a day per town you are interested in, to meet the local agents and check out the lay of the land, especially identifying the bad areas of town.

I'm only a beginner though, so I will be interested to see what other suggestions non-travellers come up with….

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Try looking in areas where no one is buying, then see if there is any potential for future growth and rent demand, employment possibilities and amenities, under-valued.

When properties are selling before your eyes (and above asking price) there is a frenzy going on. People buy anything they can throw a cheque at. Stay away.

With agents, the best thing to do is give them a very specific list of criteria that you want. The more broad it is, the more they will stretch the boundaries.

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

How about placing an add in the local paper of the area you are wanting to purchase in.(looking to buy )
    I get tonnes of leads this way because it cuts out the whole rest of the market as yr the only buyer.

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of 99chris9999chris99
    Participant
    @99chris99

All good answers. While I am rather inexperienced, I learned quickly that the net is only good for an idea of an area, but the best deals come from talking in person to the agents. Many of the best deals will never get as far as hitting the internet, as they are first offered to the agents 'hot list' contacts… people that he/she considers serious investors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.