All Topics / Help Needed! / Help Please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of leilei
    @lei

Hi Guys

We have had to purchase PPOR sight unseen for  a number of reasons main one was timing. We have only built in the past and have had the termite and building inspection done with the all clear . However im about to do a pre inspection for any maintenance issues. Could you please advise me on what to look for? We had asked for early possesion but it was refused this has now got me concerned . Im in WA if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Vendors with no or little experience will usually refuse early access; it's no big deal and probably means nothing.
    I would have thought your building inspection would have raised any issues.

Look at all the taps, showers, flush all toilets, look at power points, light switches, broken roof tiles, doors that won't close or open, dishwasher, tv reception (arial problems), gas jets/electric plates on stove and oven, hot water service, is there a safety switch, smoke alarms, phone and tv ports.

Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hi Lei,

We had a building inspection come up positive (given the age of the place we were buying) but discovered in our own inspection that the bath was almost totally blocked. A quick look under the house revealed that the plumbing was rusted through and had to be replaced.

Bear in mind that building inspectors are just that…building inspectors. They are not plumbers or electricians. Either get a second report from each of these professionals or, as L.A. Aussie says, check what you can yourself.

It's a good idea to take something like a little plug-in nightlight to check all the power points. And if you can, time your inspection for a day it's forecast to rain or after a rainy day (everything looks okay on a sunny Perth day but rain is the great leveler).

Best of luck,
    Art

Profile photo of leilei
    @lei

Thanks for your comments. Next prop we purchase i will ask for plumbers and electricians reports aswell , being niave i thought buiding inspection covered those. i know that within the home there is a feature wall that has a number of small and large chips out of it showing white plaster underneath it looks quite messy. I have asked if vendor has the paint he says hes not sure. Can i ask they fix the wall at thier cost or does the pre inpection only cover the above mentioned. The finance is in unconditional. Do i concern myself with the small details or just things like doors not closing?
    We still got the house under asking price and the prop is under 4 years old and will probably become a rental in the next 12 months to 2 years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.