All Topics / Help Needed! / Key holding

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of BreammasterBreammaster
    Participant
    @breammaster

We are thinking of placing our property for holiday rental online. however we live in another state to our investment property. Is there anyway that we can get an agent to hold the keys for the apartment so that they can be collected form the agent? The apartment is in a resort but im not sure if the resort would hold the keys if we arent letting the place out through them

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

We regularly rent holiday houses, and the agents hold the keys, as well as the caravan park that is in the town.The agent is about 20 minutes drive from the town , so they have some arrangement for keys to be collected from the caravan park. It seems to work well for me as a renter.

Tools

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher

We rented a villa in Williamstown last year and upon payment of the fee we were given a 4 pin code to enter into a keybox at the front door of the property. It only opened the small box itself and inside was the key to the villa. Upon leaving we were asked to put the key back into the box and close the lid. I would presume that they would change the PIN after each guest has left. I should say that they went to clean their property but in your case you would still need someone to go and change the code after each visitor has left.

Maybe not quite what you're looking for, but I thought it was a nifty idea at the time; especially for holiday homes.

Julie Fisher
    Daryl Fisher Homes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.