All Topics / Help Needed! / Should i rent furnished or un furnished

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

hi all .The property i am buying would best be described as suitable for a corporate tenant. Its a older style town house,two bed,double garage,in south coast nsw town cbd,It has had a very atractive and expensive reno carried out.I was told to expect approx $250 to $260 in rent. Now i noticed a similar property in a similar position nearby .Its a three bed but nowhere near as appealing.Now this property is fully furnished and has a rental return of$400 a week or $500 a week fully serviced.It appears to be directed towards the corporate tenant for the nearby buisness district or hospital.Has anyone had any expieriance with fully furnished properties as the rental returns above seem to make it worthwhile.

Profile photo of mcubedmcubed
    @mcubed

Hey Devo,
    I have a place in Brisbane and when I went to list it with an agent they told me that I wouldnt get much extra for having furniture in it, they also told me that I would get max $200 per week. I did my own advertising and am getting $260 per week with a few items of furniture in it. I got about 10 calls on the day as well from potential tenants, so boo hoo to the agent I say! :-) I didnt end up listing with them in the end. The lease on this place runs out in Aug and I will be putting the rent up to $300 as I know with the furniture in there I will get that. its a two bedder near train and shops, with views. I would def charge more cause u have furniture in there as there are lots of people that are looking for furnished places, ie young couples, corporates etc
    hope this helps
    Mel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.