All Topics / Help Needed! / First homeowner grant drama..advice needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Jo.LJo.L
    @jo.l

hi everyone,

I have lurked around here for a while and i decided to post a message finally!

I thought since this forum is full of property experts, someone may be able to help me..

I am a first homeowner. I received the grant in September 06. I moved into my new unit 2 days after settlement with great excitment. I have been living there since late september. So all in all 4 months so far.

Due to a serious family issue that has arisen I may need to move back home pretty much in the next week for an indefinate period of time. Therefore i will not fulfil my 6 months of living in the unit. I am so stressed as I do not have $7000 to pay the govt back right now.

I know I need to let the state revenue office know that i am not able to fulfil the 6 months as needed, but then what will happen? Do I need to pay the money back? Part of the money? Will i get in serious trouble? It’s been a tough couple of days and I am really stressed about this, if anyone can shed some light on what i will have to do, it would be most appreciated!

Profile photo of BeckBeck
    Participant
    @beck

Hay welcome.

I think the best way to solve it is to just give them a call. they are people just like you and me and probably can give you the best solution… also I recomened communicationg in writting.

Hope everything turns out for the best back home.

Many happy days,

Beck [oneeyed]

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

by doing a google search for office of state revenue and your state as each state has its own office you will come up with the web site and find the contact details.

I am not sure of your full set of circumstances and best to not post them here. However if there is a time frame and you can move back within the first year it should be ok. However a quick call should help you to sort out the dilema.

Wayne
    Mortgage Adviser
    Email [email protected]
    http://www.alphamortgagesolutions.com.au
    Refinace, Loan Consolidation, Owner Occupied or Investment Finance. Free Service we come to you!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Why don’t you leave all your furniture in the property with the utilities in your name for the next two months – is continue to maintain it as your home.

Just because you are staying with family temporarily shouldn’t affect your “homeowner status”.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. It is the places that are tenanted that attract their attention.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hello jo l,
    I wouldnt be concerned at all.This is an un foreseen circumstance and you are not moving out in some cunning plan to rip off the government. I dont see that you are doing anything wrong,just give them a call and explain all yr options.If you dont rent it out in this time it will not be a problem,you are still paying all the utilities etc.
    Dont be worried about this situation you have enough to deal with in yr family at this time!
    It will all work out for u.
    all the best
    Luke

“Don’t let yr character be impacted by yr surroundings”
    – Rachel Scott(17 yr old killed in columbine shooting 1999)http://rachelschallenge.com/

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by World Changer:

Hello jo l,
    I wouldnt be concerned at all.This is an un foreseen circumstance and you are not moving out in some cunning plan to rip off the government. I dont see that you are doing anything wrong,just give them a call and explain all yr options.If you dont rent it out in this time it will not be a problem,you are still paying all the utilities etc.
    Dont be worried about this situation you have enough to deal with in yr family at this time!
    It will all work out for u.
    all the best
    Luke

“Don’t let yr character be impacted by yr surroundings”
    – Rachel Scott(17 yr old killed in columbine shooting 1999)http://rachelschallenge.com/

good advice Luke …

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.