All Topics / Legal & Accounting / New Perth Settlement Agency Open

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Nat23Nat23
    @nat23

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year. I have today officially started my own settlement agency. Can anyone give me some feedback on what qualities and services you expect from a settlement agent. I have been in the industry for 14 years and I know what level of service I give and what I would expect but I want to know what clients expect. I suppose I just want to know if I’m doing things right.

Thanks Guys. Stay safe in 2007 [thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

I have dealt with many settlement agents and i have found some of them quite useless.

1) Not returning phone calls within a reasonable time

2) Having documents sent late for settlement

3) Not having the banks talk to each other so settlement will go through smoothly.

4) Not being kept informed of the process and if there are any delays!

5) A good discount for repeat customers! [suave2]

hope that helps!

ps. plus a christmas card and bottle of wine at end of year for purchasers and sellers!

Profile photo of Nat23Nat23
    @nat23

Thank you very much for the response. I can honestly say by being the industry for a long time that your comments are heard day in and day out not only by clients but by other members in the industry. The reason I left a larger company is so I was able to provide a more personal service to my clients. My beleif is that if I stay small (one woman band) then I have the time to communicate with my clients. I have found that in a larger office the clients are viewed as a number and placed on a McDonald’s assembly line and are not viewed as a person who has just made one of the biggest commitments and decisions of their lives. It is a very stressful time during contract signing and settlement and a number of agents out there seem to forget that.

Once again thank you for your input and I will apply your comments to my professional approach with clients.

Natalie Briggs
    Frontline Settlements
    [email protected] [exhappy]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

being able to get a deal across the line in a short space of time (say 14 days notice) ;o)

Do you have a web-site Nat?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of Nat23Nat23
    @nat23

No I don’t that the moment. I have only just started from home this week. I need to get some sort of cash flow behind me first before i can start a website. I have enquired and they say approx $2500.00. EEEAAAAAKKKKKK.

As for the short settlement time it is possible if the settlement conditions are right eg finance, discharge of mortgage, which banks are involved, where are the clients located etc The quickest settlememt i think i have ever completed was 2 days. That was interesting.

Thanks Nat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.