All Topics / Help Needed! / honest PM & tradespeople Invercargill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

I own 2 IPs in Invercargill NZ. Lately I was billed at least $200 repair every month. I may as well ask the tenant to deposit the rent to the tradespeople directly. Some of the repairs are of dubious nature and laughable if the money is not coming out of my pocket. Can anyone recommend trustworthy PM & tradies in Invercargill or they don’t exist down south.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    Originally posted by ttman:

I own 2 IPs in Invercargill NZ. Lately I was billed at least $200 repair every month. I may as well ask the tenant to deposit the rent to the tradespeople directly. Some of the repairs are of dubious nature and laughable if the money is not coming out of my pocket. Can anyone recommend trustworthy PM & tradies in Invercargill or they don’t exist down south.

Contact the agent and request that a copy of the invoices are attached to your rent statement each month (this should be standard procedure).
    Also, tell the agent to go to the property and inspect the damage before a repair is done, and do a full property inspection while he/she is there.
    Get the agent to tell the tenant that If the damages are caused by the tenant, the tenant is in breach of their lease and will pay for the repairs (before they are done). The agent then issues the tenant with a 14 day vacation notice on the spot for breaching the lease unless the repairs are completed and paid for by them.
    I have had to do this twice, and we (the agent and I) acted very swiftly to issue the vacation notice. Amazingly, the tenants were better behaved after that.
    It sounds as if your agent is at best slack and possibly negligent in their duty to represent you. It also sounds like you might need new tenants too.
    Prompt and maximum action in these matters is the way. It is your property; your business – the agent works for you.
    Feel free to send this post to the agent.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

thanks Marc I will take your kind advice on board. But I think because I am an absentee owner they think they can get away with it. Now I will montior the repairs closely. But am seriously thinking of selling too.

Profile photo of rp2606rp2606
    Participant
    @rp2606

Hi ttman,
    I use Southland RE. One of the PM’s there is Evan. He is okay. I haven’t had any monthly bills like that come through in the 18mnths I’ve had my IP, but you have to push him a bit to get things going on occasions ie. he isn’t terribly proactive.

There is an older retired guy called Fred who lives on Yarrow St who I get to do work. He is a great handyman and can do lots of different jobs (I got him to fix the garage roof which had rotting beams, tidy the garden etc.) I’ve just moved and can’t seem to find his details or remember his surname, but I will have a good search for it.

By the way, which PM are you using? I would like to know for future reference. If you still are thinking of selling, I’d be interested in purchasing your IP’s. PM me if you are go ahead.

RP2606

Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

Hi RP2606,
    I sent you a PM.
    thanks,
    ttman

Profile photo of rp2606rp2606
    Participant
    @rp2606

ttman, didn’t get the PM. Can you send again?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.