All Topics / Help Needed! / Are Steve’s methods still applicable today?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of BedfordBedford
    Participant
    @bedford

I’ve just read the 0 to 130 properties book and found it very interesting.

After looking around at property prices, I question how valid the information is these days.

Although there are positive cashflow properties out there, the only ones I have found are in remote locations.
    With house prices the way they are today, it just doesn’t seem you can get enough in rent to cover such high interest charges.
    It’s not the interest rates that is the problem, it’s the high prices of the properties to start with.

Is anyone making it work with buy & hold options these days. Or is everyone having to get creative with wraps and other things?

Profile photo of bensonbenson
    Participant
    @benson

If I were a betting man I would say that the majority of Steve’s income these days is dervived from selling information (seminars & mentoring) rather than property investing.

Profile photo of DanielCumminsDanielCummins
    @danielcummins

Hey Bedford… I’m a new investor also, so my word is far from gospel…

Times have changed, and so must techniques. As Steve’s said many times, CF+ properties can no longer be bought, but created. See a problem, then think creatively to try and solve it. Do yourself a hige favour and buy “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki… It’s now a few years old, but it’s a little more conceptual then Steve’s book, and is all about the way of thinking, rather then specific techniques.

Make sure you stick to your due dilligence now more then ever. It’s a new environment, where inflation is driving interest rate rises (or so Steve believes). I’m a firm believer that there is money to be made in any environment, given you can think DIFFERENTLY to everyone else. That’s what all the great investors have done. Not stuck to ‘rules’ offered in an internet forum… As Sinatra would say, do it your way [blush2]

Profile photo of roodogroodog
    @roodog

Hi Bedford

I don’t think you will get a better answer than what these two guy’s have said, I couldn’t agree more with reading Rich dad poor dad. This book will get you in the right frame of mind of how to look at money other than what you have probably been taught all your life and also how I would say 90% of the population look at it.

Cheers

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I’ve tried to read Rich Dad Poor Dad two or three times and never quiet “got into it”??

There are many other great books out there though a search on the Forum should provide some feedback on these..

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.