Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jnanajnana
    @jnana

Hi everyone,

I’m new to property investing and I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of basic questions I have:

1/ In a wrap agreement, who pays the stamp duty- the wrapper or the purchaser/wrappee?

2/ I understand that the purchaser/wrappee is eligible, in most states, for the FHOG. I’m just asking for an opinion. If the wrapper has to pay the stamp duty, would it be fair to ask the purchaser/wrappee to use the FHOG to contribute towards the Stamp duty costs?

Thanks,

Adrian.

Profile photo of vendorfinancerealestatevendorfinancerealestate
    @vendorfinancerealestate

Adrian,

When you first buy the property, you (the investor) pay the stamp duty.

When the purchaser moves into the property, they are entitled to FHOG, which once again gets paid to you. The FHOG gets credited towards their purchase price.

When they refinance, and pay you out, they are liable to pay their own stamp duty.

You need to note: there is two transactions that take place.

All the Best.

http://www.vendorfinancerealestate.com.au
    The Largest source of Vendor Financed Homes.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Adrian

Just to correct a previous post

When the purchaser moves into the property, they are entitled to FHOG, which once again gets paid to you

This is not the case as it varies from State to State. In Qld the FHOG is paid 12 months after the possession date or when 10% of the installment contract price has been repaid whichever is the later. I beleive Tasmania has a similar position on its FHOG payment.

When they refinance, and pay you out, they are liable to pay their own stamp duty.

This is not the case. The Stamp Duty is payable in most States 30 days after the Possession Date which is stated in the Installment Contract. If the purchaser elects to have the loan run the full term i.e 25 years S/D is not payable in 300 months time.

As a consenquence the purchase may have to pay his stamp duty prior to receiving his FHOG. In most cases as First Home Owner the duty is calculated on a concessional basis and really maybe minimal.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    100% Finance on selected properties in the USA.
    Email us to be added to our mailing list.
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.