All Topics / Help Needed! / Depreciation- For Initial Cash Flow Analysis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jeremyjyskjeremyjysk
    @jeremyjysk

Hi everyone,

Could anyone give me some guidance into estimating plant/fixtures depreciation for older 2-3 properties (ie around 40-50 years old)?

I have been analysing a few properties but most of them turn out to be negatively geared. In my calculations, I have not taken into account any plant/fixtures depreciation and assumed them to be $0. I feel that probably this is not giving me a realistic few of the deductions I may be entitled to, and thus result in me overlooking potentially profitable properties.

I understand the importance of having a quantity surveyor looking at the property eventually, but they are quite expensive. And not necessary for me at this stage of initial analysis.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Jeremy[exhappy]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I’d speak to Scott (aka Depreciator) – However if these are 40-50yr old properties with no renovations you may not have much depreciation claims

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Happy to have a chat about rough depreciation estimates for cash flow projections.
    If you happen to have photos, that makes things a bit more accurate.
    Scott – 1300 66 00 33

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.