All Topics / General Property / Cost to Develop Property

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of bainbridge01bainbridge01
    Participant
    @bainbridge01

I have a 2.3 hectare property in Sydney’s Hills District that has been rezoned for 700sqm residential development. Can you give me an idea of what it would cost to develop such a property. There is some demolition of an existing home, about 30 large trees. Mains water and sewarage are plumbed in to an adjacent arterial road. We understand from the DCP that we can subdivide into 21 blocks. Any assistance as to what this might cost would be very helpful.
    Thanks

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

In the Hills ourselves. Do you mind me asking where ???

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Every site is different and the baulkham hills council is not the most pleasent to deal with.

1…Why 700m/2 why not 350m/2 which is common in that area now.

2…Why not town houses, get the DA and flick it to a builder or investor.

3…Why not a block of 3 storey walk ups.

Go see an architect …

D

Profile photo of bainbridge01bainbridge01
    Participant
    @bainbridge01

Thanks for the reply but still not giving me any idea of the costs involved. Our zoning is only for 700sq metre blocks. There are other designations on the DCP for medium and high density but not us. We’re in Fairway Drive, Kellyville which runs directly behind Castle Hill Country Club.

Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

Why not put the house for sale as a removal home- this will save you the cost of demolition unless of course it is no good?
    This means that you will get paid to move the house. You could also put a clause in the contract that the property needs to be cleaned up & garden beds and gardens removed after house is removed. I have been to auctions where they have stipulations on contract, like dates to be moved by.
    Hope this helps.
    Dianne

Profile photo of bainbridge01bainbridge01
    Participant
    @bainbridge01

Thanks but it’s a large brick dwelling on a concrete slab, not suitable for relocation

Originally posted by fbd1:

Why not put the house for sale as a removal home- this will save you the cost of demolition unless of course it is no good?
    This means that you will get paid to move the house. You could also put a clause in the contract that the property needs to be cleaned up & garden beds and gardens removed after house is removed. I have been to auctions where they have stipulations on contract, like dates to be moved by.
    Hope this helps.
    Dianne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.