All Topics / Help Needed! / Renovation Nitty Gritty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JamieMJamieM
    @jamiem

Hi Everyone,
    I am currently doing some numbers on a possible Buy Reno Sell scenario. I would like to know if anyone could save me some time buy pointing me at resources that would help with the following:
    1. Working out what the painting costs would be
    2. Working out carpeting costs (or other floor coverings)
    3. Kitchen and bathroom costs

Is it simply a matter of measuring and ringing around various suppliers or does someone have a template or resource that can help streamline the process?

Cheers,
    Jamie.

Profile photo of dammitdammit
    @dammit

While we’re on the topic, does anyone know roughly what it costs to get Ducted Gas Central heating installed in a house? (Natural Gas)

I’ve rung a supplier who’s told me that the units they sell cost about $2500 but couldnt give me an idea on the actual install costs or ducting costs etc.

I would imagine it would be somewhere in the vicinity of 6000-8000? Any ideas??

JamieM: I would say if you want an accurate idea u would need to measure& ring to ask for a quote, but I did read that reno’ing your kitchen you should spend no more than 4-6% of what the house cost 2 begin with, or the bathroom no more than 2–3% to avoid overcapitalisation as a general rule.

Profile photo of as41as41
    Participant
    @as41

Here is my experience from 3 reno’s.

Painting:
    DYI including wall, skirting, undercoats and 2 top costs, ceilings
    4litres does about a 14 sq room. Does not include cost if you pay a painter to do it. It takes a lot of time!!!! And I find I have to do it in stages as my arms get so sore I get RSI!!!No kidding try paining a 4 br house al by yourself….It takes lots of time too… not the painting but the drying and repaining etc….We once paid a guy to do the lounge and dining and it costs heaps.

Carpet and wood floors: Personally I like woodf flooring if I can -less wear and easier and less costsly to repolish….
    Costs vary GREATLY last month I got 3 quotes for a lounge and dinind area only….(1) $950, (2) $800 (3) $550… went with the third once and he did a marvelous job!!!!I consider a 3 br fllor sanding job almost whle house except for kitchen and bath and wet areas etc… Cost you at least $2-3000 professionaly done. Waste of time and your own money if you do it yourself.. too hard and messy.. you could be painting instead!!!

Kitchen:

I buy very run down places where the kitchens almost always need replacing. This cost me between $5-8000 with all appliances. I chard rent accordingly…..

Bathroom:
    Total makeover DYI ($2500-3500), geting someone in ($4000-8000)

I know a lot of people will have different figures but these are my estimates based on my eexperience and the way I renovate.. [inlove]

Snowflake

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.